Travles

~Sam
I can't believe Bailey. I get it I was a dick, but she has to understand that she didn't have to raise him and give up her prime years. She could've given him up and lived like I have for the past four years.

She'll never forgive me for leaving...

I may not have been helping Bailey, after Ottis was born. But I was always around. Even when nobody knew it. I was always there for her and my son.

~~FB to Ottis's first birthday~~

I was standing in the tree line of the park while Bailey was setting up for the party. Who would've thought a year ago my life would be like this. Hiding in the tree line on my sons first birthday. Bailey was walking around in a maxi skirt and tank top with our now one year old on her hip.

He had dirty blonde hair that was getting long and flowing past the tip of his ears and was slightly shorter in the front. He was wearing a blue onesie that said 'Today I am One!' Bailey was laughing with her friend and parents. My boy was also giggling when Brody tickled his belly.

Jealousy was creeping up when I saw him interact like that with my son!

Bailey's dad snuck away from the party and walked into the trees where I gave my monthly amount of money.

"You're lucky I'm even letting you watch." He said taking the $500 dollars from my hand and placing it in his pocket.

"Thanks. You're not going to tell her right?" I ask chewing my bottom lip. He looked at me like I'm crazy and shook his head.

"My baby has been doing better without hearing your name, Samuel. And it's both better for her and my grandson. She was depressed for months after you left, but she held strong for her son. Took responsibility for him and she gets it done no matter how hard it may be." He says and walks away.
--FB over--
~~FB to Ottis's 2nd birthday~~

My little boy is two today, he's wearing swim trunks and his blonde hair is ruffled off to the side. Bailey was in her bathing suit with her hair tied up in a piney tail. It was just them sitting away from the party for a little bit.

"Ottis, mommy loves you soooo much!" She kissed him and he smiled.

"I wove yew tew mommy!" He giggled when she kissed his cheeks.

"And grandpa loves you, Grammy loves you, auntie Jenna loves you, even daddy loves you." She whispered that part. I was shocked to say the least. Then a tear slid down her cheek.

"Mommy? Why yew cryin?" Ottis asks and she chuckles.

"Nothing, babe. Mommy is just sad that you are growing up so fast!" She then pulled him into a tight hug and kissed his temple.

I knew I was the reason for that tear. And I felt terrible for it, but I knew it was better this way.
--FB over--
~~FB to his 3rd birthday~~

"Momma!" Ottis yelled.

"What babe?" She asked sitting down.

"Wanna play ball wid me?" He pouts and she laughs.

"You're such a little bugger, who do you get that from?" She asks more to herself than him.

"Maybe my daddy?" He asks and she pretends not to hear.

"Let's go play, honey." She then starts tossing the rubber baseball with him. He laughs and so doesn't she. What wouldn't I do for either of them right now?

"Daddy!" Ottis yelled and ran into Brody's arms.

"Otty!" He yells back and lifts him off the ground.

"I missed yew."

"And I missed you too, Pal. But wanna give momma a break and eat some birthday cake?" He asks and Ottis smiles bigger.

"Yes!"
--FB over--
I never went to his fourth birthday. I couldn't watch another man play house with my family anymore. And I knew that I wouldn't be able to leave them again.

I knew I wasn't ready for the family life yet. So I decided to take a trip away from them for while. I'll be back for them when I'm ready.

~~Bailey

When Sam left I decided to head inside and start packing. We'd drive some miles tonight and get a early start again in the morning.

"So we're leaving early then huh?" Jenna asked from beside me as we pack up all our outside stuff.

"Yeah, I don't want to be anywhere near Sam right now. I can deal with a cranky four year old though." I said putting away the last of the things.

We drove until dark and then we pulled over so I could switch spots with Jenna. She drove while I tucked Ottis in and rode.

Ottis didn't ask about Sam once since we left Florida. Which shocked me to say the least.

"How ya holdin' up?" Jenna asked when I sat in the passenger seat. I sighed.

"Fine. I just wish Brody was still here." I thought. This whole day has me stressed and I need a bubble bath and some sleep. Good thing the RV lots are coming up in a few miles.

"I know Babes. But he's gotta do what he's gotta do." Jenna says and I nod.

See, Brody and I lived together before I was even out of high school. He's twenty now. But his mother lives alone in Washington state. Having only Brody as a son and she's a widow. While Brody lived in Georgia while he attending college and lived in his own apartment.

When I met Brody I knew it was almost like love at first sight. We connected and soon we were dating. He knew about Ottis and loved him as if he was his own kid.

But shortly after his mom got sick and needed his assistance. He wanted me to go but I knew I couldn't rip Ottis away from the only family he's ever known. Mine and Sam's parents. So we stayed and he went to Washington to take care of his mother. Not to mention I wasn't eighteen yet and I was still in high school.

I miss him more than he'll ever know. But I know if something was meant to be, then it will be.