Week, turns into weekend

~Bailey

"Happy birthday Ottis Shane!" I tickled him awake, tomorrow is his party, but today is the actual day. We leave in twenty minutes to head to my parents house. Kennedy, Jayla, Cooper, and Anya are coming to celebrate his birthday with us back home, Clayton is also coming to meet my family along with Sam. But he's riding alone there.

"Mommy I'm sleepy!" He groans and rolls over. It must not have hit him yet that he's a whole year older.

"Get up sleepy head, we gotta leave with Clay to go to Grammy and Grandpas. Your party is tomorrow." He rolls back over and smiles.

"Okay," He sits up and slips on a plain gray shirt and sweats.

No point of dressing fancy to travel all day.

Jenna called this morning to wish him a happy birthday, I told her we're leaving soon and she told me she was sorry she couldn't make it to the party, her college already started and she can't miss it or she'll get behind.

I was a little disappointed, but she has her own life and sometimes that happens. It's okay though, this year will be different with Sam there anyway.

We decided to take Kennedy's SUV. The kids in the third row, me, and Clayton in the second, And Kennedy and Jayla up front. Kennedy driving of course. The gifts were all in the little bit of space left of the 'trunk'.

"Road trip!" Jayla yelled rolling down her window, I laughed and Clayton grabbed my hand. I smiled at him and he returned it.

"I want to become official Bailey, I've decided that." He kissed me and I was shocked by it all.

"I want to be official too Clayton." I kissed him back and he hugged me.

"Aye aye!" Jayla yelled. "There are children in the vehicle!" She looked back. I laughed and nodded.

"Yeah! No doing the frick frack in my car!" I glare at Kennedy when she looks at me from the rear view mirror.

"Mommy? What is that?" Ottis asks and I mentally groan.

"We'll talk about it when you get older." Clayton told him, surprisingly he dropped the conversation and started talking to Anya.

After a long time, and a lot of McDonald's stops later, we reached home.

Sam beat us to the punch, he was talking to my dad on the front step. Clayton looked at me confused while all of us girls took the kids out.

"Dad!" I hugged him. Our moment was shortly lived when I heard Ottis squealing.

"Daddy!" He ran into Sam's arms and dad tapped me on the shoulder.

"Why is he here?"

"He lives in the city now, few blocks from my place. I talked to him and invited him to his party." I shrug and walk to the car to grab our bags.

"Bailey, you have someone to introduce me to?" Dad asks, doing an eye motion towards Clayton.

"Clayton this is my dad Jonathan, and dad this is my boyfriend Clayton," I introduce. They shake hands and engage in friendly conversation.

I show Jayla and Kennedy to the guest room that has two full sized beds in it. They'll be sleeping with their kids. Unless they want to make a bed on the floor for them. Clayton will be upstairs in my room with me, and Ottis will be there too only on his little bed.

I brought my stuff up to my room with Clayton, he was also carrying Ottis's things.

"So that's Ottis's dad?" He asks, I sigh but nod.