Clayton

^Clayton my boyyyy😍👅^
~Bailey

When I pulled into my dads house in the middle of the night and I saw he had all his lights on I knew it wouldn't be good. The lecture of a lifetime. I carried m sleeping son in front of me, while his head rested on my shoulder facing the crease of my neck.

Dad opened the door for me while his eyes stayed narrowed the whole time. He stayed quiet which I was thankful for. I went to my room and laid Ottis down on my bed tucking him in. He snuggled into the comforter before I shut my door and climbed in with him. I know dad expects me to talk it out with him tonight but I'm too tired. Maybe tomorrow daddy.
.

.

.

So the next morning my dad lit right into me. He was furious... More at the fact that I came home late without telling him about our little "pit stop". I guess I can understand that though, I would've been worried if that was Ottis doing that.

"You scared me, Bailey. I thought you guys crashed or something... And nobody thought to call to settle an old mans heart." My dad sighed in frustration. I bit my lip and nodded.

"I'm sorry dad. I really am, I wasn't thinking on how us returning late might affect you." I look down and play with my hands. I hated disappointing my dad, or worrying him.

He chuckled and placed his hands on the table. "You know the day you had Ottis..."

"Yes dad... I will never be able to forget that dad... His entrance into the world is well... unique." I laughed and he nodded looking up at me.

"I never knew that waking up that morning i'd get a call from the hospital saying you were there... But they couldn't tell me why."

** Flashback to that day**

(Her dad's POV)

"Excuse me but is this Jonathan Reid? The father of Bailey Reid?" A woman's voice spoke through my phone, I was worried now.

"Yes, Is something wrong?" I asked worriedly.

"No, well we have Bailey here and she's not hurt. We need you to come here as soon as possible, sir." She says before hanging up. I quickly call my parents and Melody (Bailey's mom)

I raced to the hospital and I feared what I am going to see. Why is she here? She was at school this morning.

When I got to the receptionist she told me what room to head to and I raced there. We flew into the room and saw my little girl on the bed, holding a little baby wrapped in a blue blanket. With my eyes blazing I look towards Sam who looks pale and frustrated.

"You're dead Sam!" I say before charging at him.

"Dad!" Bailey yells then everyone looks to her.

"We didn't know! And he's here now so there's no going back. And I'm keeping him just so everyone knows." Bailey says and Sam just leaves as his mom and dad walk in. The little baby in my daughters arms started squirming and fussing.

I didn't want to believe it. My fifteen year old had a baby and they claim they didn't know. I can't handle this. I shook my head and walked out my wife following me but my parents stayed in the room.

"Where did we go wrong?" I asked as I started crying.

"I don't know honey, but she's going to need us right now. We can't leave her and the baby like Sam did. He will do his part. I will make sure of that much." My mighty wife said grabbing my face and wiping the few tears.

"We'll make it through this... Just as Bailey will."

** Flash Back Over back to Bailey's POV**

I smile at the memory, then I frown slightly. I can't believe it either.

"I was so angry with myself, Sam, and sometimes even you. My little girl had had a baby and she wasn't even halfway through her first year in high school. I didn't want that for you, I wanted better for you." I nod slowly, knowing that will always make my dad disappointed. But I think I've made up for that disappointment by actually graduating and providing everything myself for Ottis.

"But I love that little boy more than anything, Bailey. I don't want you too feel bad about that anymore, I wouldn't have it any other way. He's my first grandkid, he's the special one." He rubs my hand and winks. I laugh at him.

"Yeah he will be. I don't want to have my future kids on the bathroom floor..." I laugh and he does too. I think our loud laughing woke Ottis up cause he came walking into the kitchen while rubbing his eyes.

"Mommy? I want breakfast." He pouts and I smile at him.

"I know, babe, what do you want?"

"Jelly toast!" He smiles and I shake my head. I should've known.

"Strawberry or Grape?"

"Strawberry!" He squeals as my dad lifts him up and tosses him over his shoulder.

"You must be really hungry if you couldn't even say Hi to grandpa!" My dad's loud voice boomed through the house as Ottis laughed.

"I am! I was gunna say Hi after I had some toast gampa!" He squealed when my dad put him down.

"Uh huh... Sure little man. Suuurrreee" My dad dragged out and I shook my head at his childishness. I handed Ottis his breakfast while I made me some eggs, bacon and sausage for the rest of us.

"Mother! Breakfast!" I yelled so she could hear and Ottis covered his ears. I'll catch hell from him.

"MOMMY! INSIDE VOICES!" He yelled back.

"Ottis Shane! Shhh" He laughed when I ruffled his hair.

My mom came down and started eating with my dad next to her and Ottis on the other side, I take up the end. Just as things were quiet and we were all eating Ottis decides to speak.

"Mommy? When are we gunna see Clay? I miss him. I wanna call him mommy." My dad drops his fork on the glass plate and looks at me as I swallow. Wonderful.