Searching (1)

"Montoya?"

"Yes, Captain?"

"A report came in about the Birds of Prey being spotted in New York, Times Square. They need assistance."

"And whys that?"

"Overwatch is back. Remember last time how she controlled half of the police department. She literally owned more than half of us. We have to take her out."

Huff."Okay, I just hope you're right."

"DETECTIVE MONTOYA AND CAPTAIN NANCY PLEASE REPORT TO THE 3RD FLOOR IMMEDIATELY. THERE ARE GUESTS HERE FOR YOU."

"You do know you have to fire her after. She's a really annoying secretary Nancy."

As we walked down the stairs, I was completely shocked to see Batgirl standing in front of us.

"Detective. Captain. Please follow."

As we followed she persuaded us to follow her to the Birds Safehouse in the countryside. We both followed and listened to her talk about Overwatch and Brother Eye.

"Is there anything we can do to help?" Asked Captain Nancy.

"I need your help with watching Gotham and recruiting. The Birds..."

She took a minute to get out of the car and complete the sentence. I almost saw a tear fall from her face.

"Have fallen in this massacre. There are no more active members other than Z and Catwoman. Z is almost patched up as you'll see inside but we don't have enough willpower to defeat them."

"So..."

"So we have to recruit more Montoya."

"I have a list here of people who can help you while we're gone. Z, Catwoman and I are going to Earth-3 to see the origin of Brother Eye."

" Donna Troy, Vixen, Magpie..."

"All you have to do is contact them, Nancy. Please."

"Okay fine. We'll go find your new team members."

"Thank you. Come inside and warm-up for a few minutes and then you guys can go along the way with your friends."

As we walked inside I saw Zatanna and Catwoman stare at us. Catwoman looked pissed off that we were there.

"Hey, guys!"

"Hey. As you know I'm Zatanna. I also go by Z. Over there is your feline Catwoman and entering the back porch door now is Donna Troy. This place will be your safe hideout with the new members that you find. You must find Katanna, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Dove, Vixen and Magpie. You must keep Gotham at bay until we get back. Do not take Overwatch or Eye down."

"Understood," said Nancy.

"We have to start going now. See you guys later. Latrop Nepo!"

Zatanna entered and Catwoman, Donna entered behind. "Thanks, guys!" Batgirl entered after and the portal closed.

"So Nancy I'm going to scout the area."

I walked outside into the country backyard. There must've been acres of land here...

"Sssstop right there!"

"Huh?"

"I ssaid Sssstop!"

I turned around and saw Copperhead behind me. "Are you for real? A villain like you out in the country? What an awful combo!"

"Ehmmm."

"Uh....heh heh."

I quickly ran for the front door yelling Nancy's name.

"Chill Montoya. He's here to help recruit. I called him and released him from G.C.P.D. He owes me a favor for helping him out last time."

"Yesss I do."

I fainted. I woke up to the night a pitch dark room. I opened the lamp near my bed and saw a blue room with some children's toys across the bed. Other than that, this room was bare. I looked outside of this Barnhouse and saw, in the distance, the stars in the sky. They're so pretty his time of the year now that it's spring.  I opened the door and stepped out to examine the remainder of the house and walked downstairs.

"Yes. I know. Yes, I'm in. Oh my... Montoya! You're awake!" Nancy quickly put her phone away and glared at me.

"Who was that?"

"I hate saying it but it's the Birds enemy. The Calculator."

"And what was he doing?"

"Helping us locate other people."

"Oh."

"Go back to bed. We'll continue in the morning to look for these people."