Epilogue

I slowly turned my head to look at Chen who was looking at me as well. He had a bruise on his lower lip and blood marks on his shirt that were barely visible in the dim room.

"How did they find you?" I whispered.

"They didn't. I handed myself over to them." He replied and I widened my eyes at that.

"Are you insane?! You could have found an alternative right?" I whispered in an angry tone.

"I didn't find an alternative. They threatened to kill you so I had to hand myself over to them." Chen said in a low voice and I remained quiet at that. He did that to protect me, but what was the point? We're going to die now anyway!

"So, we have our video camera ready. I bet this will be the most trending video on all websites. A couple murdered brutally on a purge night. What more if the guy is a celebrity?" The person chuckled and I only looked at Chen who was probably plotting something in his mind since he had already taken a stance to get up and fight.

Chen immediately stood up and landed a kick on the closest person to us. It had a strong impact on the person since his weapon was thrown away from him. The person who was holding the camera pulled out his gun and shot Chen's leg which he successfully dodged.

"Run!" Chen shouted but I didn't budge. I'm not leaving without him. If anything, I'm going to help him escape.

I immediately ran to pick up the gun that had fallen down earlier and pointed it towards the person who attempted to shoot Chen. I continued firing, god knows how many bullets before Chen held my wrists to stop me from shooting anymore.

"He's dead, stop." Chen said and almost immediately I was dragged away from him. The other person placed the gun next to my forehead and continued pushing it deeper into my skin.

"How dare you?!" The person asked wide eyed as Chen raised his hands in defeat, assuring the person that he won't try anything else. 

"You can fight me, just let her go." Chen said calmly but the person did not seem to listen. He curled the back of the gun between his fingers and tightened his grip on the trigger but before he could shoot, we heard loud thuds that I was now familiar to. They were gun shots that seemed to be coming from the upper floors. We heard footsteps approaching the room we were in and the person next to me, only smiled in victory.

"Let me see how will you fight another bunch of armed men." The person said and I almost dropped to the ground upon hearing that. The other people are here now. We have no chances of being saved. I felt more tear drops soaking my cheeks and I didn't bother to wipe them anymore.

We saw a bunch of armed people, entering the room with their faces covered in various masks and helmets.

"Now, sit down on your knees and if you try anything funny again I'll not think twice before blowing your heads off!" The person warned and we just followed his instructions. "You, give me my gun! I'm going to make sure they won't try to escape anymore!" The man said to one of those people and he handed him a gun which he first pointed in my direction.

"That's it! This is just the beginning of the torture!" I thought to myself and shut my eyes tightly as I saw him pull the trigger. I waited for the impact and the loud noise but they never came. I opened my eyes to see bubbles floating around the room. What the fuck?

I heard a fit of giggles and laughter from the people with masks and helmets and then I saw Chen giggling as well. The person with the gun was as confused as me as he repeatedly pulled the trigger but only soap bubbles came out of it.

"Look at how cute he looks right now." One of the men from the group said and his voice was insanely familiar. I turned to look at Chen who had the same confused expression as me. 

"Cute? He looks gay!" Another familiar voice said from the group.

"Baekhyun, is this the time to joke?!" Another voice asked and my mind went blank.

BAEKHYUN?!

DID I HEAR THAT RIGHT?!

HE JUST SAID BAEKHYUN!

I immediately turned to look at Chen who was just as surprised. 

"Guys, we need to get out of here now. Let's hurry up and leave." Suho said as he pulled the helmet off his face followed by the others who removed their masks and looked at us.

"What about him?" Luhan asked as he pointed towards the man that was now cornered to the room like a cat. Okay, now that I look at him, he does look gay. Baekhyun is always right!

"Let's just lock him up here. He'll be taken care of, tomorrow. We're not purging so he's practically useless to us right now." Chanyeol said. We stepped outside the room and shut the door before locking it up with the tight bolt.

Without wasting any time, we rushed downstairs and entered their van before we drove out of the place. I was seated next to Chen who looked at me with concerned eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked, more like whispered.

"I should be asking that. You have so many bruises on your face and there's blood on your shirt. And you asked ME to play safe." I said sarcastically while Chen only ruffled my hair with a small smile.

"You didn't listen to me anyway." Chen commented and we heard a soft chuckle from around us. I almost forgot that we weren't the only people here. 

"Chen, she's so pretty. Why don't you introduce her to us?" Tao asked and I felt all my blood rush up to my cheeks. OMG OMG OMG! He said I'm pretty!

"He's just flirting with you. Stop blushing." Chen said with a bored expression and I just glared at him. "Anyway, guys this is Ji-Ah and I don't think she needs an introduction to you guys. Right?" Chen added while I slightly bowed my head but suddenly winced due to a throbbing pain in my neck.

"It's okay, cut out the formality." D.O smiled and I only nodded sheepishly. Good job at embarrassing yourself in front of them, Ji-Ah!

"How did you guys know where we were?" I asked and they only nodded slowly.

"We could trace the telephone because you guys forgot to hang up." Suho said.

"How did you both manage to trust each other? What if one of you were purging?" Lay asked and I found myself thinking about it. I know Chen but he doesn't know me, right? How could he just trust me?

"Don't look at me like that. I just wanted to help and it would be better with a companion rather than being alone!" Chen defended and we couldn't agree less.

"Finally these purges are over! We'll drop you home once the situation calms down. For now, you can contact your parents." Suho reassured and I thanked him and every one of them for showing up on time and saving us. I turned to look at Chen who had his eyes glued to me. My heart skipped a beat when he finally smiled at me after all that happened till now. I gladly returned the smile. I swear, once this shit gets over I'm going to formally ask him to be my boyfriend. Fingers crossed, hope it works out!