CHAPTER FOUR

H i s T h i r s t (All Rights Reserved)

WARNING THIS BOOK CONTAINS RATED R MATERIAL THROUGHOUT!

C H A P T E R F O U R

MIA'S POV

Shade was going to spank me and I was prepared to fight him off. No one was going to spank me and live.

"May I borrow your lovely dance partner?" DiAngelo said coming up at the perfect time. Shade's green eyes were aflame as he glared at me. He didn't say anything to his brother, he just walked off.

DiAngelo grabbed my hand tentatively and kept some distance between our bodies as we began dancing. "I'm DiAngelo and you are?" He asked looking at me right in the eyes. Something about him made me feel relaxed. I never thought in a thousand years I would be dancing with the vampire king.

"I'm Mia," I said noticing up close that his eyelashes were long and thick, framing his beautiful golden eyes.

"I hope you've been treated well. My brother can... be a spoiled brat." His comment made me smile. I barely knew Shade but he definitely seemed like that.

"There's no chance you can simply free me, is there?" I asked giving him my best innocent smile. He smiled and I tried not to stare for too long. His smile was one you wanted to keep looking at, like a moth to a flame.

"I can but forgive me, I will not. You see I've had my eye on you and I wanted you for myself but it seems my brother has taken a liken to you. Even so, you will be my maid soon and I promise you, you will be treated very well." DiAngelo said and I huffed in annoyance.

"Let me guess, I'm going to be dragged around by the both of you like a doll? No thanks. I'm pretty sure you only want me because it gives my people less hope of ever getting out of your control. A power play." I said and he raised his dark eyebrows surprised.

"You are very intuitive." He said before getting closer and whispering in my ear. "But that's not why I want you. I like a girl who can protect herself, that stands up for others and can think intelligently."

I didn't know what to say. Why were vampires so desperate to have me? This was too crazy.

"I'm human. I'm just a blood bag to vampires." I said and he rolled his eyes me.

"That was how my parents saw things, how many vampires here see things. But I was raised by human maids all my life, I see humans a different way. It may not be how a vampire king should think but I have plans for the future. Good plans. One where you won't be my maid, but my wife. That is... if you like me enough." My cheeks burned red and I couldn't help it. He was getting on my good side and getting on my good side might mean I could catch feelings for him. I shouldn't be foolish enough to catch feelings for a vampire but he was making it hard.

"Of course it's too soon for all of that. I beg a pardon for making you feel uncomfortable." DiAngelo said no longer making eye contact with me like he was shy all of the sudden.

"It's pretty sudden. I don't know what to say." I just noticed that we were dancing in perfect sync. He danced so well that he knew how to guide me the right ways, with a simple pull or push.

"Just say you'll come to my picnic tomorrow, I'll send for you." DiAngelo said and I thought about it for a second.

"Okay. So right now I'm Shade's maid? You can't just claim me or something?" I asked not sure how about how they handle things.

"Shade has already claimed you. But I can ask for you whenever I please. I'll find a way to claim you as mine without having him create a giant fuss." He said making me laugh. We were bonding over Shade, how weird.

"Glad you both are having a good time." We both turned surprised to see Shade. He seemed to have lost his anger because he was back to being an arrogant vampire. "Nice party brother but it's time for me to go to sleep with my maid."

He grabbed my hand and pulled me away from DiAngelo who just gave him a stony look. I sighed, I was actually having a good time. I mentally slapped myself. How could I be having a good time, I needed to be looking for a way out.

We walked out the big double doors and he still kept pulling me behind him without looking back. Maybe he was still mad? I kicked off my shoes that were just digging into my feet, to be able to walk faster and keep up with him. He looked back when I did and suddenly stopped to pick me up. He threw me over his shoulder. How rude.

"Put me down, I can walk!" I yelled and his hand went on my butt sushing me up very quickly.

"You're just slowing me down. Yell at me one more time and your ass is going to be spanked." I huffed and tried very hard not to squirm. I gasped when he used his vampire speed to run to his room. This was a bad thing for me. I couldn't tell how we got here and I couldn't remember the layout of this castle. I was just as lost as when I got here.

Shade dumped me onto the bed and I moved my hair out of my face. Shade pulled on a piece of string that undid my dress and I quickly tried to cover myself when the silky cloth was slipping off my shoulders. "What are you doing?!" I yelled blushing.

Shade gritted his teeth. Swiftly without saying anything he turned me around and pulled my ass towards him. His hand came down and slapped my right butt cheek. Besides the burn of the hit, my chest was burning with anger. I turned around and slapped him across the face not caring that the dress fell off my shoulders. I was too pissed to care.

Shade's head hung low and his eyes opened to give me a spine-chilling look. "You slapped me."

"I will do it every time you lay your hands on me without my consent," I said and he slowly came closer to me. I tried not to move away as his face came mere inches away from mine.

"As your master, I will touch every part of you whenever however I want." Shade whispered sending goosebumps down my arms. I could see the monster that was him swimming under those eyelids. "If you cooperate, things will go smoother."

I tried very hard not to fight back as Shade turned me around again only this time I was only in my bra, corset, and panties. His hands came down again swiftly and the sound was heard throughout the quiet room. I gripped the sheets in my hands tightly as I rode out the pain. Shade's hand came down again, this time on the left. I bit my lip hard and I could taste blood in my mouth. I was shaking with hatred. Shade's hand gently caressed my burning backside.

My cheeks were burning with embarrassment. This was the first time I was in my underwear in front of a guy and this happened. Not how I expected it to go.

I stayed still as Shade untied my corset from behind. It was a relief when it came undone, I could finally breathe normally again. Shade pulled back the covers and pushed me down into the bed. I didn't dare look at him as he got undressed and slipped under the covers next to me. I could hardly breathe as Shade pulled me against his chest. I could feel his pulsing boner pressing against my lower back. I closed my eyes shut and breathed out deeply. You can do this, Mia. You can escape this place.

After what seemed hours I fell asleep in the arms of a monster.