Chapter Ten

Kanan moved forward quickly, grabbing Ezra's wrist and feeling for a pulse.

"He's alive!"

Hera slumped against the wall in relief, before moving forward and hugging Kanan as hard as she could. "Thank you, Kanan. Thank you so much."

He smiled tenderly down at her, then hugged her back.

Suddenly, Ezra shifted, and Hera and Kanan immediately looked in his direction. Ezra grunted, and his hand came to his head. One eye opened, then the other. He looked at the odd pair leaning over him with worried faces, and performed an awkward wave. "Hey there."

In seconds, Hera had him in her arms, while weeping softly. "Oh, Ezra! We thought you were going to die."

Ezra didn't answer, but Hera didn't notice.

Finally, she pulled back, and Ezra sat up slightly, propping himself up against the wall while grabbing his side.

"Ouch! What happened?"
He lifted his shirt, and his mouth dropped open. "What the--"

The door slid open to reveal a
Sabine standing there. "How is he?"

"Kinda wondering about this scar, actually!"

Sabine's features changed from their sad frown to an ecstatic grin, and she rushed forward and hugged him as well.

"Okay." Ezra voice sounded muted against Sabine's shoulder. "This is nice and all, but can one of you guys tell me who you all are, cause...getting hugged by random pretty girls is not something that happens everyday for me." He looked down at the scar again. "Let alone this."

Kanan frowned. "You don't know who we are?"

Ezra frowned as well. "Should I?"
Sabine had pulled back, shocked, and after a moment if shocked silence, tried to speak. Then she coughed, trying again when she couldn't get anything past her suddenly dry throat. "Ezra, we're your crew. Kinda your family."

Ezra laughed derisively. "My family died a long time ago. I didn't just up and get a new one. I live alone."

"Yes, you did," answered Hera. "But that was before. Don't you remember Kanan, your Master?"

Ezra's eyebrows rose. "I'm my own master, thank you. I don't belong to anyone."

Sabine shook her head. "No, your teacher. Remember? You're learning to be a Jedi?"

Ezra looked incredulous. "A Jedi? Really? You better come up with something better than that."

"We're not kidding, Ezra. How-how do you explain how we know your name? Or the fact that you've been alone since you were five? Or that your parents names are Ephraim and Mira Bridger?"

Ezra looked wary. "How do you know all of this?"

"Because we're your friends." Hera's voice shook with emotion. "Why don't you remember?"

Hera turned away, and fell into Kanan's arms, crying again. Ezra looked a bit worried, but quickly shifted his features into a mask of indifference. "Look, I don't really care who you all are. Just let me go. Where are we, outside Capital City?"

The door slid open, and Zeb snorted. "Why would we be near Capital City, Kid? Why would we even be near Lothal?"

Ezra's eyes widened, and he gripped the edge of the bunk. "Not near Lothal? What--what does that mean?" Fear was evident in his voice.

"Zeb..." Hera trailed off. "He does to remember...anything."

Sorry, guys!!!
I know the update was late--really late--but as I said, I was not allowed on my phone or computer till Friday. I had this half-written by then, put I kinda put it off the finish my updates on my other two stories. But thanks soooo much for waiting so long!!!!
I promise these updates will be closer together from now on.
Love y'all!

PS: If that was slightly incoherent, it snowed a lot the last few days, and my dad had me outside digging us out. I'm sooooo tired!!!!