Hate Isn't A Game : Episode Three

-Jade-

I sit at my desk, staring at the screen as I repeatedly tap my fingers on the wood of the desk, a tendency I only seem to do when I'm nervous.

My eyes blink quickly, trying to fight back the tears that are brimming in my eyes.

"User1: Those girls are ugly."

"User2: They're so annoying!"

"User3: User2 And loud :/"

"User4:  That Jade girl is the worst! She tries to act so adorable but it's so fake. And she's so fat, it's disgusting!"

The last one got to me, so I burst into tears.

Only two episodes in and there's already hate.

I've suffered through bullying in school, and this is just subjectifying myself to more of it.

I relate hate to drugs in a funny way. Once you start, you can't stop.

So, I spend a good half an hour, sitting at my desk and scrolling through hate while sobbing.

This is what happens when I get left alone.

"Jade? I'm home!" I hear Louis yell from downstairs.

I jump in my seat, rushing to shut down my laptop and wipe the tears out of my eyes.

"Jade?" Louis yells again, walking up the stairs.

I jump onto my bed, pretending to be asleep.

"Jade?" Louis asks once again, opening the door to my bedroom.

I close my eyes, praying my eyes aren't red and my cheeks aren't tear stained.

"Jade." Louis' tone softens, and he sits on my bed next to me.

He lifts my head up and uncovers my face from my hair.

"C'mon Jade. What happened." Louis frowns.

Louis has always been a big part of my life, even though we have a big age gap.

When I was 3, my mom died and I barely remember her. When I was 10, and Louis was 18, our dad was shipped overseas and Louis had to take care of me.

It was hard, an 18 year old having to care for himself and a 10 year old. Luckily, Michael's parents helped us out, and I couldn't be more thankful.

"The, there were, m-mean comments." I start sobbing again.

Louis' frown deepens as he pulls me into a hug.

"It's okay Jadey, you're better than them. Ignore it. How about this, whenever you're in school, I'll go through the comments and delete the negative ones, okay? So whenever you get home from school you can delete them." He says, rubbing circles on my back.

"Thank you, Lou. You're the best big brother ever." I sniffle, smiling weakly at him as he releases the hug.

"I know I am." Louis flips his imaginary long hair.

"You're jealous of my hair." I joke.

"How could I not? It's so pretty and long and thick and-" He starts.

"Annoying." I groan.

"Rude." He rolls his eyes.

...

"So, are we thinking for the next episode?" Michael asks as we sit on the floor in our makeshift studio, a pad and pencil in the middle of our circle.