hospitals and green rings | .02

Remy await in the empty and spacious waiting room, waiting for a nurse to come tell her of her sibling's condition

Remy await in the empty and spacious waiting room, waiting for a nurse to come tell her of her sibling's condition. Remy tapped her foot, her mind racing about the green ring. She couldn't get her mind off it of it and the thing that scared her is that she wanted to go back and get the ring. She felt connected to the ring. That is what scared Remy.

The door on Remy's right opened, causing Remy to jump on her feet. The nurse was shorter than Remy, but Remy was nearly 5'6" and a half - so she was pretty tall. She was a blonde, blue scrubs and a clipboard in hand. She put her hands to her sides before speaking, "they're going to make it. You can enter their room." Remy didn't need to be told twice before pushing past the nurse and through the doors. Remy knew which rooms there were because she had been watching nurses exiting and entering all night.

The slow and soft beating of the machines wasn't one of Remy's favorite noises. A small groan entered Remy's ears as she beamed brightly. She opened the door and entered the small room to see her sister lying on the hospital bed. "Ricky," Remy breathed out in delight. Remy's heart was beating - no, pounding - against her chest as she pulled up a chair beside her sister and grabbed her hand. Ricky smiled weakly as Remy rubbed circles on the back of her hand. Remy was engulfed the silent moment, but it didn't bother her.

She enjoyed the moment of knowing everything was okay in her family. After a few minutes, Remy stood up from her sister's side once she fell back to sleep. She kissed her forehead before closing the door after her. Remy turned around to bump into small figure. She looked to find out that her father had received her messages and decided to leisurely stroll to the hospital. Remy wasn't only pissed, she was enraged. Four hours. It took him four hours to find out his children were in the hospital! Remy clenched her jaw as she pushed past him, ignoring his entire being but a hand stopped her.

Ellis grabbed her wrist and stopped his oldest child. Remy escapes the old man's grasp as she huffed and turned around. She crossed her arm as she glared daggers into the man's skull. "Four hours, Ellis. Four. Your children were being stabilized, in surgery, and in a near death experience and it took you four hours. It should take you four minutes. It seems you are full of disappointments since you did make me." Remy didn't care that she was speaking to her father, this was her brother and sister we were talking about, and when it comes to family, Remy drew the lines.

Remy scoffed as Ellis didn't reply, not even defending himself, causing Remy to turn arm and enter Ashton's room. The room was identical to Ricky's but it was a hospital room, so it should be the same. Remy grinned as she sat down beside her brother. Ashton opened one eye, his eyelids nearly falling just as he opened his eyes. "H-how's Ricky?" Remy chuckled, shaking her head. Ashton always worried for others and never for himself - that's one reason that drove him to being a cop. And he was damn good at it too.

"Worry about yourself, Ash. Ricky is fine, you you have sustain a worse injury. They said if the bullet have been to the left, your shoulder would be inaccessible." Remy's eyes went to her brother's left arm as Ashton put his right hand on her shoulder. Ashton bit his lip as he spoke, "Remy, I'm fine."

Remy put her right hand on his arm as Ashton furrowed his eyebrows. Ashton spotted something new on her fingers. "Hey R, what's the green ring? You didn't get married in this few hours I was in the hospital. Wait, don't tell me it was the hot nurse. He was hot, and if I'm saying that, that nurse might have been Channing Tatum." Remy's gaze dropped to her hand to see the all too familiar green ring she left at the bathroom. Remy now understood why she felt the connection to the ring. The ring was like sired to her. She chuckled so her brother wouldn't become suspicious as her eyes didn't leave the ring.

She pretended to admire it as she looked at Ashton and said, "wait, Channing Tatum is you doctor and you didn't tell me first?" Remy did a fake double take as Ashton smirked smugly at his sister. Remy faked being offended as she slightly nudged his right arm. She noticed how Ashton was barely staying awake as Remy kissed her younger brother's forehead before she exited his room.

Remy felt something was relieved within her as she sighed outwardly. She placed her hands on her hips, walking back to the waiting room and front of the hospital. Although Remy wasn't a cop, she was kicked off Gotham PD. Sure, Gotham was the slums everywhere, but it's not like their cops are saints. There wasn't a good cop in the PD so Remy wanted to do something about it. After confronting a few jackasses, Gordon - Commissioner Gordon - cut her without hesitation. He didn't even want to listen to her side of the story as she just got up and left. She didn't care about the Gardner name or any bullcrap. She just needed a job.

Now, Remy moved to Coast City, her home town. It wasn't better than Gotham but it sure wasn't as filthy. Remy was going to try for officer in CCPD. She did graduate top of her class in 'cop school,' so that must give her some credits. Remy didn't tell her siblings about her plan, but if it succeed, she could pride her father and siblings. Remy had a internal debate as her eyes subconsciously reached her right hand. The ring started to slowly glow - as it did hours ago.

Remy mentally shook her head, not caring of the ring. The only thing on her mind was the police department. She pictured having a badge once again and the right to carry a lethal weapon. She could just go to a gun store and crap, but seriously, who has time to go buy ammo and spend money on that kind of stuff? Remy closed her eyes, rubbing her head as a migraine was a normal occurrence to Remy. After a moment, Remy opened her eyes to see her father in front of her - yet again. Before Remy could storm away from her father, Ellis spoke.

"Remy, I'm sorry." He apologized. Wait, he apologized? Remy was taken back as she nearly double taked but refrain herself. Remy was silent as she crossed her arms, not bothering to reply. Remy was known to being a hothead and to have the shortest temper, and that only ran in her genes. Her brother had her temper as her sister was hotheaded.

Remy nodded, indicating she heard him. Remy ringtone rang through the small hallway as Remy grabbed her phone, answering without checking the caller ID. "Hello?" Remy turned around from her father. Ellis closed his eyes, sighing as he entered Ricky's room. The person on the other side of the line was a man and his voice was rough and gravely. "Is this Remy Gardner?"

"Yes it is. May I ask who is speaking?"

"We have reviewed your profile and we would like to meet you in person, Miss Gardner." Remy rose an eyebrow. Remy shook her head as she put her hand on her ear. "Yes, of course. I'll be there in a few minutes."

Remy followed the officer until they reached the front of her department. Remy sighed as she looked around. More people arrived, but not enough for it to become too crowded. Remy turned to the officer, asking about the registration. After the officer explained everything and let Remy take it, Remy felt a massive headache engulf her mind. Remy clenched her jaw, the pain increasing by the minute as Remy nearly dashed out of the room and to the bathroom. The bathroom was empty, and Remy was thankful for that.

The pain was engulfing her body as her vision slowly turned to a hue of green as Remy looked down at the ring. It was fully out glowing, causing Remy to turn to the mirror. It happened again. Remy wasn't wearing her normal t - shirt, leather jacket and jeans anymore, she was in some green jumpsuit; but Remy had to admit, she did look good in green. Remy gasped before she looked at the ring. It caught off guard, so maybe she could control the ring. Remy closed her eyes, picturing her normal attire, her graphic t - shirt, her leather jacket, and her infamous necklace that had three sniper bullets on it. Each bullet had an engraving with everybody in her family's name.

Remy opened her eyes to see her normal self in the mirror - wearing her normal attire. Remy sighed in exasperation. What was this ring? And what was it doing to her?

+

chapter two is up! whatcha think? and i know, Hal is comin' soon ;)

so, comment and vote!

-sisi!