highball | .09

Feeling something brush her cheek, Remy opened her eyes slowly

Feeling something brush her cheek, Remy opened her eyes slowly. Her tired eyes met Hal's entrancing green ones, a smile gracing his features.

Damn that smile, Remy thought.

"Good morning, gorgeous." Hal's voice was like music to Remy's ears. She smiled tiredly as she stretched, feeling a bit sore from last night's activities. Hal saw this and only chuckled silently.

Looking down, Hal was in his boxers and jeans but his shirt and bomber jacket was hung on the door. Hal lightly pecked Remy's forehead, heading towards the door.

"Coffee?" Hal asked, grabbing his phone from his pocket. Remy hummed, standing up from the bed. Hal nodded, leaving the room.

Remy grinned as she grabbed her clothes from her drawers, grabbing a tank top and shorts. Going through her phone, she got a text from Chloe - multiple texts from Chloe. She groaned, forgetting to tell her best friend about her 'police training.'

Calling Chloe, it didn't even ring once before she picked up.

"Remy fucking Gardner!" Chloe's voice boomed through the phone, making the woman wince put the phone away from her ear. She heard Chloe chastising about her absence and how she didn't get a single text.

After waiting a few moments, Chloe stopped.

"Are you done?" Remy asked, putting the phone back on her ear.

"No."

"Perfect, will you now give me a chance to tell you what happened?" Remy spoke, looking at Hal's bomber jacket, a smirk gracing her features.

"No, you are going to meet me at the usual place and tell me what the hell you have been doing for the past three weeks!" Chloe yelled once again, not giving Remy the chance to speak before she hung up the phone.

Remy chuckled, putting her phone in her pocket as she grabbed Hal's jacket from her door hanger and exited her room. She heard noises coming from the kitchen, laughter joining into the mix as Remy raised an eyebrow.

She entered the kitchen, her hands on her hips as Hal sat with Ashton and Ricky. They spoke, Hal chuckling a few times as the coffee finally finished. Hal stood up, picking up two mugs from the cabinet and poured two cups of coffee.

Ricky saw Remy in the hallway right outside the kitchen and excused herself from the conversation. That grin that was plastered on her features only made Remy roll her eyes playfully.

Ricky grabbed her arm, but not before looking at the jacket she was wearing. Ricky dragged her sister to Remy's room, probably wondering what it looked like after last night.

Closing the door behind her, Ricky put her back on the door as squealed. Remy's eyebrows shot up, running over and putting her hand over her mouth to silence her.