early mornings | .12

"YOU are under bed rest for the rest of the week," Remy recited off the paper the doctors wrote for her. Remy - after much convincing - was able to bring Hal to his apartment under her care. The doctors saw how Remy was whilst he was unconscious and ran tests and of the such but she was able to bring him home.

Hal gave her a 'psst', rolling his eyes. "That's bor-ing, let's do something fun."

Remy gave Hal a look, putting her hands on her hips as he grinned. With a roll of her eyes, Remy read over the rest of the paper, seeing what medication he needed and when he needed to take them.

She put the paper down on the kitchen counter, looking around his apartment. Surprisingly, this is the first time she had been inside of his apartment. It was also surprisingly clean, every room spotless and there wasn't clothes on the floor.

"Is my kitchen really more interesting than me?" Hal spoke from inside his room, shuffling heard from the same room.

"You better not be getting out of bed, Harold." Remy scolded almost motherly as she started walking towards his bedroom. She could almost feel his smirk.

She found Hal in his bed without his cover, which left him bare to see. Remy walked in, her eyes immediately falling to Hal's naked form as she huffed.

"You aren't going to seduce me into letting you out of bed." Remy spoke, her brow raised at the thought. Hal only shrugged, stretching as his eyes stayed on Remy.

She only gave him an look, her hands going to her hip.

"Oh, the fun I was talking about doesn't involve leaving the bed." He smirk smugly, sitting up straighter. Remy only shook her head, a small smile on her lips.

"We aren't going to have sex when you're still injured."

Hal shrugged. "I'll be worth it, now c'mon, I haven't seen you in weeks!"

The pilot pat the space next to him, waiting from Remy to respond. She only rolled her eyes playfully, walking over to the drawers next to the bed and pulled out a pair of briefs.

She threw it at Hal as she walked over to the other side of the bed. Hal groaned loudly, putting the pair of briefs that she threw at him on. Remy smiled as she pulled the covers away and entered the bed.

"Happy?" Remy asked, looking over at Hal. He smiled brightly as he nodded.

"Very."

Silence took over the room, the only sounds heard was the city bustling to life in the early morning. Remy closed her eyes, taking in the silence as she felt Hal shift from his position.

Turning her head slightly, she raised an eyebrow at Hal before she opened her eyes. Hal was staring at her. His face was expressionless, his eyes glued on her.

"What?"

Hal stayed silent, his hand reaching to grab her face. His fingers brushed over her cheekbone, his brown eyes staring deeply into her green ones.

Slowly, his fingers inched away from her cheek to her forehead, where a new scar had formed. He frowned slightly as he furrowed his brows. He brushed over it, feeling it before he exhaled.

"Sinestro?" Hal asked, his voice barely above a whisper. Remy saw how serious he became and turned fully to him as he awaited her answer.

Remy only nodded meekly, not trusting her voice. She swallowed silently. She was afraid of Hal reaction, how he might freak out, but he only nodded. He had a look of disgust on his face as he sat up straight and crossed his legs.