hal friggin jordan | .08

BEFORE YOU READ!This chapter is considered MATURE

BEFORE YOU READ!
This chapter is considered MATURE. There are SEXUAL THEMES within this chapter, if you feel uncomfortable, please skip this chapter!

John - dressed in civilian clothes - followed Remy to her apartment, making sure she was okay. Remy was looking at her ring as she reached the door, seeing the ring that changed everything for her.

Gesturing towards the door, John knocked on the door. After waiting a moment, Ashton swung the door open violently. The two Green Lanterns share a look as Ashton did a double take.

"Remy?! Where the hell have you been!" Ash grabbed his sister into a tight hug, which caused a small whine to come from Remy. The woman in question only chuckled once her brother let her go.

In the distance, a yell was heard. "Remy?!"

John let out a laugh, seeing how her siblings reacted to seeing Remy.

Ricky ran down the hallway, seeing Ashton and Remy as Ashton immediately tackled Remy into a hug. Remy let out a breath of air, the air knocked it of her. "Where have you been?"

Her two siblings stood beside each other, Ashton's arms crossed as they both awaited an answer. Remy rubbed her right arm, pain still evident as the hugs she had received.

"I wanted to tell you guys but," she paused, looking back at John, who said nothing during the entire interaction. She had to think of something, fast.

"I have been working with the police force in Central City." Remy spoke rather quietly, her gaze dropping to the floor. The siblings shared a look as they started laughing.

Remy furrowed a brow, wondering why they were laughing.

"That's...amazing!" Ricky was the first to actually speak. Remy let out a breath of relief, closing her eyes momentarily, but didn't show it. John didn't say anything, he wasn't going to get in between her family - it wasn't his business.

Ashton turned to face John. "Who is that?"

Remy turned to John, seemingly forgetting he came with her. She smiled as she gestured to John. "This is my instructor, John Stewart."

John smiled, shaking the two siblings hands before he said his farewells. Remy and John shared a look, Remy nodding as he closed the door behind him.

Ashton grabbed her good arm, dragging her to the kitchen. Ricky was in pursuit right behind Remy as she took a seat on the stool. Ashton sat across from her, his fist under his chin as he just stared at Remy.

"Start talking." Ashton ordered.

Remy raised a brow, looking very confused. Did they really wanted to know about 'the police force' or did they see through the lie and didn't want to say in front of John? The latter scared her.