CHAPTER 19

Andre looked over at Tom driving the car. He had a crazy weird grin on his face. "Dude, stop smiling like that. It's weird." Andre said.

"I'm sorry, Andre." Tom shook his head, chuckling.

Neither of them really talked during the car ride. Tom was too excited, and Andre just had nothing to say.

The ride was short, as the fancy restaurant was a local one. "Oh. A restaurant. Interesting." Andre nodded as he stepped out of the car with Tom.

They walked to the hostess table, where Tom did all the talking. Tom pointed to Andre. "This is Andre."

The hostess nodded. "Okay, perfect. You can follow me." she smiled.

"Wait." Tom interrupted. "She's already here?"

"Yep." the hostess nodded.

"Okay." Tom smiled. "Good luck buddy." he said, then turning and walking away.

Andre followed the hostess through the maze of the quiet but fancy restaurant. "It's just straight ahead." the hostess said, so Andre nodded, and she walked away.

Andre walked straight, spotting a single table out of the corner of his eye. He turned to face it, and his mouth dropped wide open as his eyes widened. He put a hand up to cover his mouth.

Bella smiled so big and stood up, smoothening out the bottom of her dress. Andre was still frozen in place, so she ran over to him and gave him a huge hug. He gently wrapped his arms around her.

She was squeezing the life out of him in this hug, and he was so shocked that it was like he could barely move.

"Tonight's date... this whole time... it's been you and me?" he asked as they stepped away.

Bella nodded, then chuckled. "Please don't be mad at me."

Andre shook his head as they both sat down. "I'm not. I can't." he said.

"Okay." Bella said. "You look really good." she told him.

Andre rested his elbows on the table and put his chin atop his hands. "Me? Well I already told you but you look so beautiful." he said, and a blush surfaced on Bella's face.

Andre shook his head again. "I had so much to say to you when I saw you again, but seeing you now... I'm speechless."

The colour on Bella's face just deepened. She never blushes this much. "You do have a way with words."

Andre looked around the restaurant at all the small details, the big chandelier in the middle of the room, the fountain. "You didn't have to do this, y'know? We could've gone to a pizza place and I would've been happy."

"I know." Bella shrugged. "I wanted an excuse to look nice though." she chuckled.

Andre was going to compliment her again but stopped himself in order to save more embarrassment. "You don't know how much hell you've put me through." he says instead.

Bella smiles guiltily. "I know, Andre. I'm sorry. But it's what made tonight even better."

"I guess." he says nodding. A waiter comes by, and both Bella and Andre order what they'd like, plus a glass of champagne.

"Now, can we agree to both stop being soft and just be normal?" Bella asked with a laugh, and Andre agreed.

Bella was annoyed with how awkward she was being, but even her, who was always great with guys, was nervous. Andre was nervous for more obvious reasons.

The two of them ate their dinner together, the comfort of each other to keep them company. Both of them ended up having a great time, which surpassed both of their expectations. It was safe to say Andre and Bella had a great night.