Chapter 3

(Y/N) = Your Name
(H/L) = Home Land

It begins.
The day I start school at Asagao Academy.

Im still here, left wondering how long I'll be stuck in this world.

"What'cha thinking about?"

I was torn from my thoughts when Jen asked me a question.

"Oh, nothing really, I'm still just a bit groggy."

"Well, school is going to start soon, and you don't want to be late on your first day! I'll even walk you to class, since you're new."

"Thanks, Jen"

"No problem, (Y/N)."

We actually got to the school really early, so I decided just to wait in the classroom. Jen ran off to go "take care of some business," whatever that meant. Of course, when I entered the classroom, there was a single figure sitting by the window. Shane I thought. What should I do? It's not like he'll resent me for trying to start a conversation, right? I awkwardly walked over to an empty seat near the back- next to the wall connecting to the door. I set my things down in the seat next to me, so I could save a seat for Jen. I was looking around the room when my eyes landed on Shane. Say something, dammit! "Uh, hi." Real smooth, (Y/N). "Hello." After that absolutely lovely exchange, Shane walked across the room and sat down in his chair, which happened to be a row in front of where I was sitting. Wait, isn't this supposed to happen to Hana after lunch today? Well, even if it does, I should at least try saying something. "So, do you play video games?" Oh my god, are you an idiot? Of course he plays video games, he's in Normal Boots. "What?" He turned around and gazed at me with an expressionless look on his face. "I'm new, so I don't really know anybody. I'm sorry if I offended you or something." It was the only excuse I could think of. Hopefully he goes along with it and isn't suspicious of me or anything. He just looked at me as if I was a difficult puzzle, and didn't say a word. After a few awkwardly tense moments, he finally turned around with a short and quiet "Hm." I released an audible sigh of relief, realizing I'd been holding my breath the entire time. Thankfully, some people started filtering into the classroom, so I didn't have to sit through any more torture.

Jen entered the classroom along with a group of students, and I silently waved at her to get her attention. "I saved you a seat, I hope you don't mind." Jen walked over and sat down in the seat next to me. I started to fill her in on what happened between me and Shane. When I glanced over, PBG was sitting down next to Shane. I finished talking, and Jen looked at me with a not-so-surprised look on her face. "Yeah, Shane is the most stubborn and mysterious out of all of them. But, it is a bit surprising that you ended up in another situation involving Normal Boots." When I glanced back over at Shane and PBG, PBG was looking right at me. He glanced away when I noticed that he was staring at me. They're probably talking about me. "Uh.. yeah, it's probably just a coincidence, though."

As expected, Hana and JonTron walked through the door together at the last minute, earning them more than a few curious glances. Hana sat down in her seat, and Mai started to ask her about Jon. I can hear her from across the room. Miss Shizuka walked in and introduced herself, while also quieting down the class. I waited patiently for her to say something along the lines of "And it looks like we have two new students this semester," while I was just looking around the room at the other students. Expectedly, PBG was staring right at Hana, making her visibly uncomfortable.

When Shizuka said the magic words, "It looks like we have two new students from out of town coming to join us at Asagao. Why don't you come up and introduce yourselves?" I stood up and walked animatedly to the front of the class. Hana followed soon after. "Hello, my name is (Y/N), and I'm a transfer student from a school in (H/L). I'm glad to be joining you all this year, and I hope you're happy to have me here as well." I politely bowed and waited for Hana to introduce herself. Hopefully, I helped her shyness by going first. "Hi, my name is Hana Mizuno, I've just moved here from Amaririsu. I transferred from Amaririsu Public High School, and I'm really exited to be here. I hope you'll all take good care of me from now on." The class clapped lightly, and we were dismissed to our seats.