Chapter 5

Alexis' POV

"Thank you," I said. There was a knock on the door and it opened. "Hey JJ.

"Did I interrupt something?" asked JJ.

"No," I said clipping my badge to my pants. "What's up?"

"First, I was welcoming Alexis to the field," said Morgan. "She passed her training."

"Welcome to the team," said JJ.

"Thank you," I said.

"We are going to be great friends," said JJ.

"Is there something you need to tell me?" asked Morgan.

"We have a case," said JJ. We walked to the conference room together. "Sit here."

"What's the case?" I asked sitting down next to JJ and looking at the files. "Substances?"

"You just jump right into it, don't you?" asked Morgan standing behind me. "She's smart."

"This substance must be loaded with toxins to be sending people to the hospital," I said. "Let's go." We got to the airport and boarded our jet. We took off. "Nice jet."

"What do we know about our unsub?" asked Hotch.

"Has to be a doctor," I said. "Toxins are avalible to medical personnel only."

"Why attack a park?" asked Prentiss. "Its out in the open."

"Hello my lovely crime fighters," said Garcia popping up on the screen. "I can answer your question. This isn't the first attack. First it was animals, then an office, now a park."

"An increase in populations," I said. "Substation must be next."

"Army is getting involved," said Garcia.

"Why are they going to NYC?" asked Rossi.

"I don't know but I guess we're dealing with the green suits," I said.

Morgan's POV

"Do you like dealing with things?" I asked.

"Not like that," said Alexis as we landed. "NYC is beautiful."

"I got an address for a Dr. Nichol," said Garcia. "3042 Willis Avenue."

"Morgan, Alexis, and Reid go and check that out," said Hotch. "We'll go to the station."

"We will check it out," I said. We got into the SUV and headed to the house. "So many plants."

"It must be how he got the toxins," said Alexis.

My phone rang. "Morgan," I said picking up.

"We got set up at the station," said Prentiss. "Have you found anything?"

"Give us an hour," I said as I hung up. "Anything?"

"I was waiting for you to get off the phone," said Alexis. "Reid?" We looked behind us. "He was just standing right here."

"Reid?" I asked. "Reid?" There was an opened door. "Hey kid."

"Morgan, Alexis, stay back," said Reid as he closed the door and locked it. "Stay back."

"Spence," said Alexis. I looked at him with worries eyes. "What's going on?"

"I'll call hot," I said. "Come on Alexis." We walked out to the SUV. "Are you okay?"

"My first day in the field and I could already lose a team member," said Alexis. "I shoulve watched him."

"If you watches him, you could be the one in that room," I said. "I don't want you in that room."

"I shoulve been with him," said Alexis.

"Don't blame yourself," I said. "It's not worth it."

Alexis' POV

"I know," I said as Hotch pulled up with the DCC with him. "More help?"

"I got Reid on the phone," said Hotch walking up to us. "Reid, we need to get you to a hospital."

"No, I'm already infected," said Reid. "I'm going to stay and find a cure."

"We're going to bring in a suit and mask for you," said Hotch.

"Don't bother," said Reid. "It won't to me any good." He coughed. "Two unsubs. Go find Dr. Nichols partner."

"You go," said Morgan. "I'll stay with Reid."

"We'll stay with Reid," I said. Everyone left but 3 members of the DCC along with Morgan and I. "I'm calling Garcia." I got out my phone. "She needs to pick up."

"Hey my baby girl," said Garcia. "What can I do?"

"Does Dr. Nichol have students in bio chem? Micro chem?" I asked. "Cross reference? Anything?"

"Nada," said Garcia.

"Social studies," I said as I hung up. "Okay."

"You did good kid," said Morgan as he put the phone on speaker. "Now get the hell out of there."

"No," said Reid. "No. They're going to hose me down." We walked to the clear tent Spencer was in and he was already drenched. "Hotch needs you at station more than I do."

"I'm staying here and seeing you to the hospital," said Morgan.

"I'm about to get naked so they can scrub me down," said Reid. "Is that something you want to see?"

"Gotcha," said Morgan.

"Let's go," I said.