Chapter 12

Morgan's POV (Months Later)

I was at the BAU and my puzzle came in. "Yes," I said. I walked to the conference room and Alexis was in there. "Hey."

"Hi," said Alexis.

"I gotta put this challenging puzzle together," I said.

"Why bother?" asked Alexis. "Don't you just look at the pieces and see if they fit?"

I chuckled. "Alexis, what are you doing in the FBI?" I asked.

"I wanted to major in criminal justice, not the medical field," said Alexis. "Besides, I won't be able to get into medical school."

"Why does that not surprise me?" I asked.

"Ouch," said Alexis. "That's what my father said."

"Alright," I said. "I'm about to teach you something so pay attention."

"Awh, feels like school," said Alexis.

"You gotta learn one way or another," I said.

"You sound like Rossi," said Alexis.

"Okay," I said. "Ouch."

"Sorry," said Alexis. "Do you know what today is?"

"July the seventeenth?" I asked.

"Yeah but what happens today?" asked Alexis.

"I don't know," I said.

"Morgan, its my twentieth birthday," said Alexis.

"Happy birthday baby," I said giving her a hug. "I didn't get you anything."

"No but I got the team something," said Alexis. "Get everyone in the conference room."

"Okay," I said as she left. "Everyone, conference room. Alexis has something for us."

"Alright," said JJ.

"I don't know," I said.

Alexis' POV

"Okay," I said as I grabbed the six tablets I ordered and a paper file I had. "Okay." I walked into the conference room. I handed Prentiss a tablet. "Here you go."

"Whoa!" exclaimed Prentiss.

"Welcome to the twenty first century," I said handing everyone a tablet. "Yay technology. Behold, everyone has a new tablet."

"We've gone paperless?" asked Reid.

"Fear not doctor of the dark ages," I said as I put a file in front of Reid. "I went old school for your anti-technology quirk. Paper files. Hard copy photos. But the abacuss is your responsibility."

"Alexis, not that I don't appreciate your effort but exactly where did the fundings for these come from?" asked Hotch.

"Out of my pocket," I said. "Birthday gifts I asked for."

"Alright," said Hotch.

"Wait, today's your birthday?" asked JJ.

"Yeah," I said. "My twentieth birthday."

"We're going out," said JJ.

"We got a case," said Rossi. "About kids that look like school girls."

"Who wants to go undercover as a school girl in uniform?" asked Prentiss. Everyone looked at me. "Alexis."

"Fine," I said as Hotch handed me an outfit. "I'll do it."

Morgan's POV

"You'll be fine baby girl," I said as she went to the bathroom. "Are you sure you want her to go undercover on her birthday?"

"Yeah," said Hotch. "It's the only way."

"Alright," I said. Alexis walked in. "Look at you."

"I look like a twelve year old school girl," said Alexis. "I feel like one too." She was wearing a pink plaid skirt, white knee high tube socks, light pink ankle converses,  and a white button up that was tucked in and the sleeves stopped elbow length. "I feel lol a preppy school girl." She tied her pink plaid tie and put on a black sweater vest over her top. "Okay."

"I don't get to say this often but I didn't know you could look like a kid," said Rossi.

"Part of going undercover," said Alexis. She put on nerdy glasses and she tied her hair into a single pony tail. "I'm not liking the glasses." She fixed her bangs. "There we go."

"You look like you could be my daughter," said Rossi.

"Let's go," I said.