Chapter 15

Alexis' POV

My phone started ringing. I looked at it. "Nope," I said. I ignored it. "I don't wanna talk."

"We gotta talk," said Morgan walking into my office and closing the door. "Enough is enough. What's going on with you?"

"What?" I asked.

"When I call, I get your voice mail," said Morgan. "What's the deal?" It got quiet. "Hello?!"

"What happened last night?" I asked. "I know we are from different planets and all but —"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa," Morgan said cutting me off. "Pump your brakes. What is this about?"

"You were in my shower at seven in the morning," I said.

"Because I shower at seven in the morning. Baby, you had a little too much to drink last night," said Morgan. "I didn't want to leave you alone in your room. You were gone this morning." I looked at him. "I know what you're asking. What happened between us was popcorn and a movie on tv, which you fell asleep during. So I slept on the chair."

"That makes me so relieved," I said hugging Morgan. "Thank you."

"What did you think happened?" asked Morgan.

"Never mind that," I said. I grabbed my star puzzle. "Come on." We walked out to the bullpen. "Hey guys."

"Sit down," said JJ standing up. "Take my chair."

"Thanks," I said sitting down. "The alieve is working."

"You did drink a little too much," said JJ.

"I know," I said as I took the star puzzle apart. Reid sat across from me. "Okay."

"What's that?" asked Reid.

"They call it a star puzzle. Its basically impossible to figure out. You have to put all the pieces back together to form a perfect star," I said. "But the origin is a romantic tale. There was this young prince who wanted to win the heart of the fairest maiden of the land."

Morgan's POV

"You've already done that for me," I said.

Alexis smiled. "He climbed to the top of the tallest tower of the kingdom and he caught a falling stay for her. Unfortunately he was so excited that he dropped it and it smashed into all of these pieces," said Alexis. "So he frantically put it back together again to prove his undying love to her and he succedded. And they lived happily ever after."

"That's doesn't make any sense," said Reid.

"What?" I asked.

"You can't catch a falling star," said Reid. "It'll just burn up in the atmosphere."

"Its not literal," said Alexis. "It's a fable."

"There's no moral," said Reid. "Fables have morals."

"Its just a romantic story," said Prentiss. "The point is to put it back together."

"Right," said Alexis. Reid put the star together. "One of the things I hate about you Dr. Reid." We just talked for the whole day. "No case today and it's already nine."

"Got any friends for a girls night?" asked JJ. "Other than me and you."

"Well, Prentiss is going home," I said.

"We got a body guard," said Alexis. "How about Hillary Ross?"

"Call her," said JJ. We walked out and got into the SUV. JJ sat in the back and I started driving. "She picking up?"

"No," said Alexis. "Something's wrong because she usually picks up." She looked at JJ. "We're going to her house." I parked the car. We strapped on our vest and got out of the car. "Anybody got a plan?"

"The unsub is probably inside," said JJ. "That's her car."

"Alright," I said. "You two go around back. Ill draw his fire while you flank him."

Alexis' POV

"You sure you want to split up?" I asked.

"We gotta cover the back and the front in case he runs," said Morgan. "Let's go."

"Alright," I said. JJ and I withdraw our gun. "Let's go." We quietly head to the back. I saw the unsub. I opened the door. "FBI." The unsub shot me. I fell. "Agh."

JJ fired back. "You're hit," said JJ.

"I'm good. Go, go," I said. Morgan comes in through the front. "He's upstairs.

"I'll go," said JJ as she left.

"You're going to be okay," said Morgan as he held me up. "No blood? We're good."

"Yeah," I said. We walked out through the front. "Okay."

"Out front," said JJ in the earpiece.

"Okay," I said. I turned around and tripped the unsub "Gotcha." Morgan started fighting him. "Morgan."

"Ah!" exclaimed Morgan. "Son of a bitch."

"Did he bite you?" I asked.

"Yeah," said Morgan. "Don't move." He cuffed the guy as soon as the cops showed up. "Come on." He put him in the cop car. "That hurt."

"I miss anything?" asked JJ.

"He bit Morgan," I said.