~Questions~

You had made your way back from the ocean. With a disgruntled look, you marched into the cavern that you called home, and shook the water off as best you could. Unsurprisingly, Shirogane was home. He walked up on you when you weren't looking, and scared you half to death unintentionally.

"Y/N, I need to ask you something"

With the shock painted on your face having gone away, you nodded, taking a slow heave. He looked down as his fists clenched.

"Why have you been spending so much time around-"

He was interrupted by a kind of grunt that escaped your mouth.

"I knew this question would eventually come up..."

"Then answer it!"

"Well, the truth is, I don't really know..."

It was true; you didn't know. You found yourself enjoying the time spent around Idate. Yes, you had to admit that the overprotectiveness of the orca whale was endearing at times.

"Uh, well, I'm worried about you Y/N. I mean- what if you get hurt by him again!?"

"I won't."

He looked at you as the words hung in the air. Your tone was so abrupt- so flat, it was shocking. He hadn't ever heard you speak like that.

"Then what if you two- you know..."

"Fall in love?"

"That's- yeah..."

You sighed, a realization lingered in the back of your mind. You already had. It was hard to accept at first, but the first time Idate grabbed your wrists without asking you- when he lead you through the icy wasteland, or when he watched over you while you were recovering from your injury; those memories were some of the best you had.

You hated yourself for it, too.

<ZOO WEE MAMA W H A T  LOVE??? YOU THOUGHT IT WAS ALL JUST ANGST DIDN'T YOU? NOPE>