5

"Your maternal instincts are wonderful." Louis jumped in surprise, looking over at Harry, who was leaning against the doorframe of Tommy's play room.

Louis had just put the child to sleep, and was now trying to tidy up. She didn't want to leave all of the burden to Marie, as she had more important duties to take on. Louis had a sneaking suspicion that the woman was pregnant.

"Thank you." Louis cleared her throat, blushing. "I want lots of pups."

"Good." Harry's eyes seemed to darken. "So do we."

They stood and stared at each other for another moment, both feeling the sexual tension swimming around them, before Harry decided to look away.

"Whenever you're ready to talk, we'll be waiting in the bedroom." Louis nodded her head in acceptance, and the man turned on his heel to head back out of the room.

She took a deep breath, placing a pile of folded shirts into one of his drawers, before standing up and turning off the light. She gave Tommy one last glance, smiling fondly at the soft snores he was letting out, before closing his door with a quiet click.

Louis couldn't help but take her time on the way to the bedroom, going out of her way to pick up little toys and putting dishes away, until she couldn't find anything else to do. She knew that she had to talk to the brothers, but she was nervous about what it could be about.

Reluctantly, she turned off the lights of the pack house as she made her way to her own room. Everything was quiet, as it was nearing the late hours of the night by now.

Her room, however, was still brightly lit once she stepped inside. She closed the door behind her, and bit her lip at the sight of a shirtless Harry lying on the bed. Edward was no where to be seen, but the sink could be heard from the open door of the adjoining bathroom.

"You're done stalling?" Harry questioned with a raised eyebrow, making the woman in front of him blush. She was a bit embarrassed that she was so transparent to them, but at the same time, it made a rush of heat spread through her. Her inner wolf enjoyed the deep physical and mental connection she had with both men.

"Sorry." Louis mumbled, slipping out of her jeans and throwing them into the hamper before crawling into bed. Harry had his arms spread for her, and she didn't hesitate before sliding into them. He was warm, with a lingering smell of cologne and his own intoxicating scent.

Edward joined them soon after, wiping his mouth before laying down on the other side of Louis. He wrapped an arm around her waist and pressed a kiss to the skin visible of her neck, chuckling at her quiet moan.

"Are you ready for our discussion now, baby?" Harry murmured. Louis sighed, but nodded her head in agreement.

"Nothing to worry about, Lou." Edward attempted to get her to relax, rubbing at her side. "Just want to get some things out in the open that need to be said."

Okay, talk about the worst possible thing to say, Louis thought with a grimace.

"We're going back to our pack in a week." Harry's tone left no room for argument. Louis pursed her lips, but nodded in understanding. "You'll spend this upcoming week with your family, and we will help you pack, but we don't expect any arguments about it when we leave."

"Your father managed perfectly fine as Alpha before, and he can do it again. He has mourned, and you have helped him tremendously, but now it's time for you to step down and be the Luna of your proper pack." Edward put in his two cents before going back to his place in Louis' neck. He would scent her all day if he could.

"Your father has an... interesting situation, to put it mildly. But, as Edward said, he will live with your absence." Harry looked away from Louis, looking a bit out of it, before looking back at the boy. "Edward and I have decided that if it comes down to it, you may bring Tommy with us."

Louis' eyes widened in shock, that being the last thing she expected the man to say.

"Of course, if your father wants him here, then so be it. We suspect, though, that he will be mating that woman and having more pups with her. He will create a heir, and we can have our family in our pack." Louis' lips wobbled a bit, tears forming in her eyes. Harry cooed at her, pressing a kiss to her cheeks. "Baby, what's wrong?"

"You're so good to me." Louis sniffled, wiping at her eyes. Edward squeezed at her hips, and she moved her face to let him press a soft kiss to her lips. "Im so happy."

"We can raise him as our own, as you have already been doing." Edward continued where his brother seemingly stopped. "We would never want to separate you from him."

Louis pulled Harry close to her, sighing in content as he laid his head across her chest. She snuggled back into Edward's body as well, happy with the man spooning her.

She couldn't remember the last time she went to bed so happy.

-

The next day was chaotic, to say the least. When Louis woke up, the twins were still sleeping, but the rest of the pack house was wide awake.

She had gotten dressed in a pair of sweatpants and a tank top, thinking about joining the warriors of the pack in training once she finished with some paper work she had stocked up in the office. She put her hair in a bun, feeling it tickle at her upper back, and left her bedroom, closing the door behind her so no one would bother her mates.

She was shocked, however, that when she entered the office there was already someone inside.

"Papa?" Louis questioned, eyes furrowed in confusion. "What're you doing up?"

"Louis," he sounded a bit surprised. "I could ask the same of you."

"I've been getting up this early for months to work." She shrugged her shoulders, closing to office door and leaning against it.

"Father like daughter, I guess." He chuckled, sending her a fond smile. "Come, sit, sweetheart. I'd like to talk to you."

"What's up?" She questioned, sitting in pen of the comfortable couches stationed on the other side of the desk. It felt kind of weird to be sitting on that side, but she shrugged it off. She'd have to start getting used to it.

"I've mated Caroline." He announced gruffly. Louis wasn't at all surprised, and waited for him to continue. "I suspect that she will be pregnant."

Sex and pregnancy weren't awkward subjects to wolves. It wasn't uncommon to see couples intimate outside in the open, and there was no stigma attached to it. They accepted their primal urges, and didn't try to ignore their inner most wants.

"I believe she's my true mate." At this point, Louis froze. She attempted to keep her facial expression neutral, but she didn't like where this conversation was going. "You are grown up, and will be finding mates of your own, so this doesn't have much of an affect on you. But, I'm not going to be surrounding myself in grief and memories of your mother."

Louis flinched at his tone, becoming offended by everything this man was saying. She didn't understand where this was all coming from, none of it made sense.

"I think it's best if you and Tommy leave the pack."