6

Louis was fucking livid.

As soon as the words came out of her fathers mouth, she lost it. She couldn't even focus on what she was doing as she tore the office apart, her father sitting amidst it all with an almost bored expression on his face. She pushed the stack of papers she had neatly set on the desk the night before off of it, before she let herself speak.

"I don't know who the fuck you think you're talking to father, but I hope it's not the woman who took care of this pack for the last six months while you were locked in your den crying like a bitch." She roared. His facade began to crack at her words, eyes darkening in anger, but it didn't stop her. "You're no Alpha, you don't deserve that title. Your daughter, the one who you decided wasn't fit to run this pack years ago, had to step up because you couldn't even take care of your own self."

"I'm trying to be civil, Louis." He barked. "Caroline suggested that you would act this way, but I told her you wouldn't."

"Oh, so that's what this is about," Louis sneered down at him. "Your whore. The bitch who emerged naked from the forest. Have you even questioned where she came from? Why she was out lost in the trees? Obviously she was a rogue. Who knows what she has done to deserve that title!"

Mark slammed his fists on the desk, face contorting as he very obviously tried to fight a shift. "I will banish you if you don't fix your act, Louis! Don't force me to do this! I'll make you a rogue, and you can understand how she feels!"

"You don't need to banish anyone." A cold, steel voice announced from the doorway. Louis jumped, turning to face her newly discovered mates. They looked terrifying in the moment, both with bloody red eyes and an aura that screamed of their power. "You are speaking to the Luna of the Styles pack, and I suggest you watch your fat mouth."

"Excuse me?" Mark roared. It was obvious that the twins entrance was doing nothing to calm him down. He looked at Louis, an almost accusatory expression on his face.

"Your daughter is our mate." Edward sounded almost bored, but his dark eyes betrayed him. "We will be taking her and Thomas with us back to our pack this evening. We can only hope your pathetic leadership will no longer affect them."

"Get out!" Mark growled, pushing the desk lamp off, and Louis watched as it broke into hundreds of pieces. "Leave!"

Louis pursed her lips, and was turning on her heel before he even shouted a second time. He really didn't have to tell her twice.

-

Once they were back inside of Louis' bedroom, the door closed and locked, it was only then that she let the events of the morning hit her.

She suddenly felt exhausted, mentally and physically drained in a way that she never felt before. She crawled into bed and curled up in a ball under the covers, waiting for tears to fall that never came.

A warm body laid next to her and pulled her close, and when Louis inhaled she was able to tell that it was Edward. He rubbed at her stomach and pressed his nose into the back of her neck, inhaling deeply. His chest was still rumbling angrily.

"I'm sorry, baby." Harry mumbled. Louis turned her head to face him, surprised to see him looking almost defeated, head in his hands as he sat at the edge of the bed. "We let our anger get the best of ourselves, I hope we didn't offend you."

"No," Louis objected immediately, shaking her head. She maneuvered herself so that she was sitting up with Edward still pressed up against her back, and motioned for Harry to come closer to her. He followed without any reluctance, and laid his head on her lap. "I'm so grateful to have you here with me now. I might have killed him if I was alone."