My Personal Experience

Writing isn't easy, it's not hard either. When I write, when I express my thoughts onto paper, it helps me cope with everyday life, it makes life bearable. I have had naysayers in my life telling me that if I do publish I would be 50 years old and too old to make a career, that I would never publish and that I should stick to psychology. Yet, I will publish, I will succeed because I know I can, and I believe in myself. I may not have many supporters but all I need to believe is in myself, same goes for you. No matter what people say you are a writer, you can do this no matter how bad you are, because you aren't meant to be perfect. No one is meant to do things right on the first, third, or even thousandth try, all you need to do is try and you will succeed. I haven't been writing seriously for very long, but I know that if I tell myself that I can't do it, or that it's impossible, I'm making it harder on myself. 

My rules for writing:

* Never give up! - it doesn't matter who says what, you go for what you desire.

* No negativity! - don't you EVER beat yourself up over your writing, and don't let others get to you, and don't hurt others that way either, be constructive with criticism, not destructive.

* Keep your goal! - if you have a goal of publishing, then GO FOR IT! Never hold yourself back from your true potential.

* WRITE! - whenever you have a moment to write, do it! Beat the writer's block, push through all of the barriers and write.

I hope you all found this beneficial and I am looking forward to seeing your feedback! Thank you for your time spent reading.

~ LC Taylor