the disastrous reunion

oh f*ck yeah it let me upload! okay, cool. so here's an update. idk when the next is... pray that it's some time soon. um, yeah. i love you all. your continuous support is a constant joy and shock bc wOW have y'all been supportive. stay safe. stay happy. if you need me, i'm here, but i just suck at updates - g.

"Don't worry, I told you they aren't dead. They're unconscious." He looked over his shoulder. "They're just a little roughed up." Turning back to me, he waved a hand into the room. "Happy reunion."

Then I was hauled up by my hair and within moments was shoved onto the floor alongside my still parents. My chin knocked against the cold, concrete floor, the pain ricocheting through my head.

"Have a blast, bitch," Gabriel spat before the final thump of the bookcases closing in on us resounded.

I gritted my teeth against the pain, waiting for it to subside before pushing myself off the floor and onto my knees. It took a few moments for my eyesight to adjust again. The room was a little brighter than the dungeon downstairs, but I think Leland set that up just for the shock factor. There was absolutely no color in the room besides the burgundy red of my parents' blood.

I felt a sting on my lips, not realizing that I was digging my teeth into my bottom lip so hard. My jaw wobbled at the sight of them and tears pricked at the corner of my eyelids. Mom's eyes were swollen and a myriad of colors. Dad had cuts all over his body, indicated by the tears in his polos and pants. It seemed as if the blood that coated the floor was leaking from all over them, too. I didn't want to lift Mom's hair, not willing to see the wound that was left from his cutting off her ear.

A choked sound echoed about the room and it took me another second to realize that it was coming from me.

Then before I knew it, tears were streaming down my eyes as I slowly approached them. God, I couldn't help them. I felt so fucking pathetic knowing that I really was stupid. Stupid for agreeing to coming with him. Stupid for leaving the house. Stupid for not letting Arthur and North know about the video.

How could I have fucking done this? How could I just... "I'm so goddamn stupid," I whispered to myself, furiously wiping the tears away with the soles of my hand. I inhaled sharply, trying to stop the continuing tears. I had to do something.

I finally had my parents with me. We could try to escape. He didn't have Arthur yet. All he said was that he was seen snooping around and searching. Not that I doubted he would come storming in; he was impulsive enough. North was probably with him and their guards. I hope they were safe. I hope North was able to rationalize with that dumb ass prince.

With that thought in mind, I stood up and pushed back the bile rising in my throat from the blood and my parents' gory state. There was so much blood. Breathing in deep—fuck, fuck, that is such a bad idea. Fuck, now my head is full of that metallic smell. Turning away, I spotted a window to the far right. My brows rose in surprise and I momentarily forgot about the stench. It was just about my height, enough for me to tiptoe and look out.

Glancing back at the entrance, I stilled and listened for any signs of anyone approaching. I didn't want to get caught off guard. There didn't seem to be anyone near the wall nor in the room so I quickly and quietly walked to the window. My hands grasped the tips of the bars before I lifted myself up and peeked out. To my surprise, the view that greeted me was something incredibly picturesque.

We were at a fucking beach house. Way to taint a good view, Leland. You fucker. I growled and tried to look past that superficial fact and tried to make out other things.

It was sunny outside, with a light, gentle breeze. The beach was empty, aside from scattered items along the sand. But there didn't seem to be anyone they belonged to. There was a cove to the far left of the beach, below some cliffs at the edge of a forest. But there was nothing else besides that. Where were we?