Imagine Rowena Getting a Sunburn

"Ow!" Rowena whines, her hands curling into fists at the irritation. You sigh in sympathy, helping her slide the shirt from her arms. You and Rowena had taken a trip to the beach, but apparently when she possessed her magic ability she never considered sunburn because she could cure it in a moment. Now she had a restriction curse placed upon her, her fragile alabaster skin was just as vulnerable as anyone else's, and it was burning an angry red colour.

"Why didn't you put sunscreen on?" You grumble, helping her ease her bra off so she's completely topless. "Lie on your front."

Rowena pouts and lies down on the couch, resting her face on her hands. You can tell she's having a hard time with the restriction curse, it was similar to when Cas became human. She never appreciated the difficulty of life without magic until now.

"It'll be fine." You sigh, pouring aloe vera gel over your hands and pressing them into her back.

"It's bloody cold!" She moans indignantly, trying to shift away from your touch. You hold them on her patiently, softly rubbing the sticky liquid into her skin. Rowena breathes in, relaxes, and lies despondently as you soothe her sore skin.

"Feel better?" You ask when you're done, wiping your hands off on a beach towel and helping Rowena sit up. She pulls a large shirt over her head, cringing in pain as she does.

"Gonna be fine." She says shortly. You're concerned for her, she's clearly depressed from the restriction curse placed on her by a descendant of Olivette's, but you don't know what you can do.

Pulling a bottle of water from the fridge, you make your way to the kitchen where Rowena is lying curled up on the couch.

"Hey." You catch her attention, her eyes glassy and flat as she takes the water.

"It's gonna be fine." You sit next to her, laying your head on her shoulder. Rowena knows you aren't just talking about the sunburn; that you're reassuring her that you'll cure her of the curse.

You two don't need words. Rowena clasps one of your hands in hers. You squeeze her fingers gently. You'll always have each other.