Imagine Rowena Rescuing a Stray Cat

Her heels click on the uneven stones of the alleyway, she moves briskly to get home fast. The figure startles her, she jumps back before laughing breathily and bending down.

"Hello, darling," Rowena murmurs, outstretching her hand to the curious feline. The cat, suspicious, approaches her and rubs his face over her hand. She smiles, sitting on the ground to let the cat come over to her.

"Och, no collar." She notices, stroking the cat's neck. "Who d'ye belong to, then?"

The cat lets out a gentle 'mew' and Rowena smiles as it presses a foot onto her leg distrustingly. "That's it, darling. Don't be afraid."

The cat, who apparently still has trust in humans, climbs into her lap and begins to scratch at the soft material of her dress, pricking it with it's claws.

"You little bugger," she admonishes, deciding to take the cat back to her house. It's only a block away, and the cat looks hungry. Rowena holds it under its belly, letting it rest on her shoulder with claws digging into the skin of her shoulder.

You're not expecting anything out of the ordinary when Rowena unlocks the door and slips into your living room furtively.

"Row? You good?" You're Rowena's housemate, close friend, girl who has a crush on her. You obviously worry about her a lot, due to the danger of her lifestyle.

"Oh, of course dear. I'm fine!" Her voice is high pitched and she sounds guilty, so you leave the pasta boiling on the stove to check what's going on. Rowena is sitting on the couch, her legs crossed, with her cloak lying in a bundle on the floor. You raise an eyebrow and lean down to hug her, still suspicious but happy she's home and okay.

"Mm, i'm glad you're back safe." You murmur into her shoulder. Rowena sighs and pulls away, smiling reassuringly.

"I'll always be back safe." She promises, patting your hand.

"I'm glad. Dinner's in 10." You tell her, leaning down to pick up the cloak on the floor.

"No, (Y/N)-" Rowena tries to stop you, but the cloak is in your arms and you're face to face with the little furry bundle on the floor.

"Mew?" The cat stands up curiously, nosing at your big toe. You turn to Rowena.

"Um...surprise?"