Imagine Rowena Trying Snapchat Filters

Neither of you are doing anything of real importance when it happens; you're reading a book on your phone and Rowena is reading an actual book. You get a snapchat notification from your friend Casey, so you open the app and look at it. You giggle at the stupid look on her face and her complaint of boredom, so you open the camera up and flick through the filters. Opening and closing your mouth to make the dog mouth open and close, you see Rowena staring at you.

"What?" You laugh, slightly self-conscious. Rowena cocks an eyebrow.

"(Y/N)...what're ye doin'?" She asks slowly, amused but mildly concerned. You realise that Rowena has no reason to use snapchat and is probably super confused. You beckon her over, groaning slightly as she jumps onto your lap.

"Oh god, warn me first will you?" You mock protest, tickling her side. Rowena yelps and smacks your hand away, settling down to sling her arms around your neck.

"Now, what on earth are ye bloody doin'?" She questions, quirking her head at the phone screen. You angle her face into the camera's view, looking at her lovingly as she gasps at the sight of her face with dog features.

"What the bloody hell..." she murmurs, swiping and changing the filter. She tilts her head and examines the way she looks with a crown of butterflies- adorable.

"What kind of magic is this?" She asks, wrinkling her nose in confusion. You burst out laughing at that, making your girlfriend scowl in annoyance. "I'm genuinely askin'!"

"Darling, it's not magic." You begin explaining, brushing a curl of ginger hair out of Rowena's eyes. "It's just technology. The camera-" you point to the tiny camera on the phone. "-scans your face, so it can put the filter on you."

Rowena takes a moment to consider this, but you know she doesn't really understand. Just like you don't fully understand how the magic she teaches you works.

"It doesn't matter how it works, really. Just matters how cute you look with them. Which is a lot." You praise, kissing her cheek.

Your girlfriend breaks away from you when her phone rings.

"Oh, it's Fergus. That wee cunt. Wish he'd just leave me alone!" Rowena gripes, declining the phone call.

"Now. Teach me how to put those 'filters' on my own phone." She orders, thrusting the device at you. You giggle, going to the App Store and downloading snapchat, making a login with a throwaway email you own.

"Here you go. Enjoy the magic." You tease. Rowena rolls her eyes but sits back down in your lap. You stay still, not wanting her to stand up. You let her sit atop you for hours as she plays with the filters, admiring her childlike amusement.