Imagine Caring For A Hungover Rowena

((Shoutout to passmesomepie on tumblr u da real MVP giving me ideas luv u))

You're awoken by possibly your least favourite sound: someone being sick. It takes you a moment for your brain to process your surroundings, but you connect the dots through your hazy, morning after wine head and realise that Rowena's hungover. You groan softly as you get up to find Rowena, your feet freezing on the frigid tiles of your bathroom. Your beautiful princess, looking slightly more like a disheveled Merida, is kneeling on the bathroom floor with her cheek on the toilet seat.

"Oh, babe." You sigh, kneeling down behind her and rubbing her back gently.

She groans and leans back on you, closing her eyes. You've both been hungover before, so you know she has some time because she's sick again.

"Is there something I can do for you? A spell, anything?" You're not really great at magic, but you know some basic spells and potions.

"T' be quite honest darlin', I'm not entirely confident in ya magic abilities. Anti-nausea potions can be very volatile." Rowena pauses, takes a breath, and goes on. "I'll ride it out. But next on my list is teaching ya how t'make anti nausea potions, we need them a lot."

You snort with laughter, because she's referring to your own heavy drinking habits. "Alright then. I guess it's back to my pre-magic hangover cure- dry toast, Gatorade, and pain killers. Let's get you in the bed."

Rowena sulks as you pick her up and deposit her on the bed. You busy yourself with pouring her a glass of water and setting a couple of painkillers on her bedside table. Your girlfriend plants her face in a pillow and groans, making you chuckle quietly at her childish behaviour.

You slip some bread into the toaster and pull a blue Gatorade from the fridge to give to Rowena, and look through the cabinets for something you could have for your own breakfast. You decide to have some microwave pasta, even if it's breakfast. You put the pasta in the microwave, and the toast pops out at the same time. You bring the toast and Gatorade to your whimpering girlfriend, brushing her soaked fringe away from her face. Kissing her cheek, you leave Rowena's breakfast on her bedside table next to the water and painkillers, but she protests.

"Ya shouldn't kiss me, love. Don't want ya gettin' sick." Rowena pouts, pushing your face away.

"Babe, it's a hangover. You're not contagious, so I can love you all I want." You insist, kissing her all over her face. Rowena giggles lightly, rubbing her knuckles over your cheek.

"Whatever ya say, beautiful. Thank ya for the breakfast." As she busies herself with chewing on the crust of a toast piece, you go back downstairs to remove the pasta from the microwave and cover it with cheese. You decide to eat your breakfast downstairs so the smell doesn't make Rowena nauseous, something that's happened to you when you've been hungover. You finish eating quickly, wanting to get back to looking after Rowena.

"Feel sick," she whimpers when you return, making your heart drop. You sit next to her curled form on the bed, rubbing her stomach in gentle circles.

"Wanna go sit in the bathroom? Or should I just get you a bag?" You offer, letting Rowena lace her sweaty fingers through yours.

"Bathroom." She utters, so you hold her arm and help her to the bathroom seconds before she collapses onto the floor and throws up violently. You have no idea what to do, so settle for rubbing her back and tying her beautiful thick hair into a ponytail so it's out of her way.

"You're okay," you soothe, rubbing her back. She whimpers and lets her head drop onto the toilet seat, breathing heavily.

"I wanna go back to bed." Rowena sighs. You hold her by the thighs and pull her up, holding the tiny woman like a koala.

"Go to sleep." You order, pulling out your phone and checking your roster. You're not due to go into work today, so it looks like a TV and not leaving the house day. Rowena scowls and wriggles underneath the duvet, burying herself in the mass of blankets you have on your bed.

"Make tea!" She demands from her blanket cave, apparently feeling better. You can't hide your loving smile as you adhere to Rowena's wishes and make tea for the two of you. When you bring it up to your bed, Rowena's sitting up and reading and looks a lot better.

"I made you tea because I love you." You announce, crawling onto the bed and setting both cups on her bedside table, kissing her cheek and nuzzling into her.

"Oh don't kiss me, I'm disgusting." Rowena protests. You shake your head in disagreement and pepper her face with kisses, ignoring her half hearted attempts to push you away. As you suspected, Rowena isn't actually annoyed at you and pushes you onto your back, tickling your neck with kisses.

"Babe, babe, okay!" You exclaim, giggling and grabbing her waist to tickle her in response. In contrast to her usual harsh and loveless persona, Rowena is playful and happy with you. It makes you so elated to know you can bring your girlfriend some joy in such a crappy world, and you hope you always can.

"Mm, let's just watch TV." You tell her, reaching for the remote and snuggling under the doona. Rowena follows you down and closes her eyes, laying tiredly with her head on your chest.

"I love you."

"Yeah, I love you too."