Imagine Teaching Rowena How To Play Video Games

"Hello darling- oh, you're playing that stupid game again." Rowena sighs by way of a welcome as she comes into the house the two of you share. You roll your eyes and pause, standing up to greet her.

"Hi Row. Would you maybe...want me to teach you?" You offer, sitting back down on the couch. You're playing Far Cry 4, basically Grand Theft Auto in the woods. She smiles appreciatively- maybe that's the reason you playing it bothered her so much, because she couldn't join in. She gathers her skirts so she can sit on the couch, and you hand her a controller.

"Okay, take this. The left stick-" you wiggle the left joystick "-controls where you look, the right one controls where you move. I'll tell you about the other buttons when I need to." Rowena walks around, smiling when she sees a pack of deer running away from her.

"Oh, that's cute. What do I do when I see someone?" She asks, approaching a gang of Royal Army soldiers.

"Oh stop stop stop." You urge, pressing the red circle and making her crouch. "If you see guys wearing red, shoot them. If they're wearing blue or don't have guns don't shoot them, they're on your team."

"How do I do that?" She asks, studying the controller. You giggle and place her finger on the R2 button.

"Press the left version of that button to aim, and that button to shoot," you instruct, leaning back and watching tensely. You have a machine gun equipped, so you don't bother explaining how to reload. She charges towards the enemies but tries to shoot too late and they kill her almost instantly. Pouting, Rowena throws herself into your lap and drops the controller.

"Darling, I'm terrible at this. Stop and pay attention to me?" Rowena implores, blinking beguilingly. You giggle at her childish behaviour and turn off the TV, leaning over to peck her on the lips.

"Tell me what you did today." You tell Rowena, shifting her body off you so she's sitting up and you're lying on her lap. Her hands go straight to your hair, twirling the strands leisurely.

"I took some extra steps to protect the Book of the Damned from everyone, the Winchesters especially." She grimaces at the mention of them, rolling her eyes stubbornly. You nuzzle into her stomach, sighing at the familiarity of her scent.

"I'm proud of you," you reassure her, sitting up and kissing her cheek.

Rowena lays on the couch and turns on the news, using it as white noise while she reads her book. You lie your head on her lap and she doesn't respond, so you bat the book away.

"You hypocrite," you complain, twirling a strand of her hair around your finger. "You're not paying attention to me now."

Rowena rubs her knuckles across your cheek without replying, flipping a page on her book. Yes, you're annoyed she isn't paying you attention but you're so content you don't care. You love her.