Promises

I stopped my car when I arrived at my destination. I pulled the key out of the engine and got out of my car. I made sure my car is locked and I got the things I need. Once I checked I did just that, I started walking. I looked around to find what, no, who, I came here for. When I saw the person I was looking for, I smiled and walking towards them while hiding the thing I brought for them behind my back.

I sat in front of them and said, "Hey..." I was met by silence, as usual. I sighed and laid the bouquet of flowers in front of them, knowing they won't take it.

I smiled brightly and asked, "How was your day?" I was once again met by silence. Nonetheless, I started telling them what had happened the past few days when we haven't seen each other.

"... And Suho started scolding Sehun for sleeping in! It was hilarious! It was like a mother scolding her child! You should've seen the look on Sehun's face!" I closed my eyes and sighed happily at the memory. I opened my eyes again and looked at them. I smiled sadly as another memory flashed through my mind.

"Hey, remember the promises we made?" I closed my eyes again.

"We promised each other we will be by each other's side until the day we die. We promised that we will get married and have a happy family." Pain grew in my chest as each second passed.

"We promised that we will have lots of fun and have happy, unforgettable memories." Tears started building up in my eyes and are threatening to slide down my cheeks.

"...But I guess promises are meant to be broken." By this time, tears started spilling out of my eyes and I can't stop them.

"Why did you have to die?" I whispered as I opened my eyes. I looked at the grave in front of me and more tears spilled out. I remembered the call, hearing a scream, hearing a loud crash through the phone, then silence. Silence. Like now. Tears slid down my cheeks uncontrollably. I tried to wipe the tears away, but they kept on going. I sighed shakily and stood up.

I looked down at the grave and said, "I love you, Baekhyun, and I'll always will. Goodbye." I turned around and started walking back towards my car, tears still dripping down my face.

The promises we made will never be fulfilled, but I have one more promise I'm sure I could fulfill. I promise I'll keep on living, just for you.