Chapter 3:Glory's and Deathbringer's eggs hatching(Glory's POV) *9 years later

" Deathbringer!" she yelled,"The eggs ARE HATCHING!" Three eggs, two of them silver with swirls of rainbows twisting across them, and one purple with little hints of yellow light sat in a nest in the royal hatchery. Waves of different colors kept shimmering over her scales, over and over again. She didn't even try holding them in, she didn't care if everyone knew how excited and scared she was at the prospect of having dragonets. She didn't think she would be the type of dragons having eggs, she never thought about them before. After all, she was a queen who ruled two tribes, although that made her (quite reluctantly) remember that these dragonets were going to be the ones challenging her and killing her for the throne. Don't think about that, only focus on this one moment, right now, where my dragonets are hatching and I will give them everything. There was a big skylight in the top of the egg shaped hatchery, wide open to the two full moons, in case any of their dragonets could turn out to be mind readers or prophets. They had found out about NightWing powers after Moonwatcher and Darkstalker had told them. Finally, a few moments later, Deathbringer burst in, ripping through the vine curtain that encircled the hatchery, breathing hard. "Aaand, wonderful dramatic entrance, ripping right through the walls. Hmm, I wonder why there's a door in here." Glory said with a sigh. "Sorry," Deathbringer panted, "Had to- run- from the healer's hut." "Awww, come here and sit you poor exhausted dragonet, "Glory said sarcastically, Deathbringer took a deep breath and let Glory twine her tail around his. Deathbringer pulled out of her tight tail grasp, and started pacing around the hatchery. Little starburst-shaped cracks appeared in one of the silver eggs. They were hatching! "Deathbringer, come see, you jittery centipede," Glory said. Glory hadn't ever even seen him this bouncy. "I know," he said taking another deep breath. He came over next to Glory, and pulled her close in a tight grasp. She didn't mind, she was too caught up in the excitement of her new dragonets. Another crack appeared all along the side of the egg. Then, with much strength and grace, little pieces started to splinter off the eggshell. Sitting there in the middle of all the pieces sat a sleek female dragonet with scales that were light green with scattered jet black scales and a completely silver underside of the wings. She had the shape of a NightWing, but when she looked closely, she could see that only the ruff could change colors. All at once, Glory felt a deep emotion for this dragonet–her dragonet. She picked her up in her talons, and felt that she had no problem touching her own dragonet. Glory showed Deathbringer the dragonet, and he looked at her with a look that said exactly what she was feeling–love, and pride. The dragonet had silver teardrop scales on the corner of each eye that signified mind reading. "So," Deathbringer said, shaking her out of her thoughts, "What should we name him?" "Hmm," Glory thought for a moment. The dragonet was sleek and extremely beautiful, and scale patterns like an anaconda might have. She remembered Grandeur telling her about one of the old RainWing queens being named Anaconda. "How about Anaconda?" Glory said to Deathbringer. "Perfect" he said, and they both cuddled their new dragonet close. But before they could do anything else, the other silver egg started cracking open. This one was much more clumsier than Anaconda, he kept slipping and finally stumbled out of the pieces of the broken egg shell. This one was extremely handsome too, with Glory's brilliant green eyes and muscular body. His tail looped around like a RainWing's but the rest of his body was like a NightWing's. He mostly took after his sister but the thing that really made him look extraordinary were the colors of his scales. They were a dark aqua blue with scattered swirls of silver that constantly kept twisting across his body. His wings were colored with streaks of purple that also moved around. He also had the silver teardrop scales that signified mind reading powers. "Wow," Glory breathed. "He must be the most handsome dragonet in all of Pyrrhia," Deathbringer commented. This dragonet suddenly tried to climb into Glory's outstretched talons but ended up tripping over his own tail and landing on his back. The dragonet's underbelly was a glittering obsidian black with glints of purple shining here and there. Glory picked him up, laughing, and the dragonet cuddled into her. Deathbringer was watching them with a loving expression and suddenly said, "Pride." Glory looked up from her dragonet and said "What?" "We should name him Pride," he said. Glory thought that was perfect. "Oh look," he said, "The last egg is hatching!" Glory looked over to the yellowish-purple egg and saw that cracks were slowly splintering off, one piece by one. Finally, the big top half of the egg broke off and the upper part of a purple female dragonet appeared. She carefully stood up in the half-eggshell and backed out of the pieces of the broken eggshell with caution. Glory picked her up with her other claw and snuggled the dragonet to her chest. The female dragonet was purple and black with the bottom of her wings being dark blue and black with silver scales scattered. She had the shape of a RainWing and was also pretty. The strange thing about her was that there were bulbs of pulsing orange-red light on her ruff that looked like a fire on a starry night. "How about we name her Firefly?" Glory suggested. "Firefly, Pride, and Anaconda," Deathbringer echoed, "Perfect. You know, I finally saw someone as beautiful as you." "Oh shut up," Glory said teasingly, swatting him with her wing. They picked up their dragonets and leaned against each other, falling asleep with their new dragonets cuddled with them.