Chapter 6: Jade Mountain Academy (Pride's POV)

Pride looked up at the towering mountain with two fang-shaped peaks jutting out at the top.  He could feel the intense wind whirling around him and his family as they sat near the entrance to the school, watching students going by into Jade Mountain Academy.  He could see all different tribes of dragons pushing past into the enormous entrance cavern.  Pride wondered how it would be inside the mountain, where there were surely dark caves and claustrophobic tunnels.  How would classrooms fit into the gloomy looking mountain?  He looked around at the rest of the dragons gathered with him.  His sisters Firefly and Anaconda, his parents, and Riptide and Tsunami.  Glory and Tsunami were arguing about something as usual, and Deathbringer was talking with Riptide.  Anaconda was calmly observing the mountain, but Firefly had an excited look on her face.  She even forgot to concentrate on shielding her thoughts from him and Anaconda, which she was usually good at.  Her mind was going, Oh my gosh, just look at this mountain!  There must be so many different tribes going to this school.  Wow, I can not wait until we go inside.  Although, I will miss mother and daddy.  It's fine though, they can visit all the time.  I wonder if Cyan is here yet, I can't wait to look around with him.  What if  I'm not smart enough for the school?   Pride doubted that Firefly wouldn't be smart enough for the school.  She knew everything about Pyrrhia and always answered questions correctly, to the point where it became annoying.  Pride, on the other talon, was not so much of a know-it-all.  It was really he who should be worried about not knowing enough for the school.  He could never remember all the dates and times of important dragon events like Anaconda, who had no problem remembering anything.  His worried thoughts were interrupted by Anaconda nudging his tail.  While absorbed in his thoughts, he hadn't noticed that the big dragons had stopped talking and turned to face the dragonets.  Glory took a deep breath and said "It's time to go, you guys.  We can't wait out here forever."  She led everyone to the entrance cave, which had a banner strung from two stalagmites spelling out, "Welcome, new students and old ones!"  Deathbringer turned to his dragonets and told them, "Okay, remember to stay in or near the school, don't talk to hostile dragons, if you have any problems, talk to Sunny, Clay, Starlight, or if worse comes to worse, Tsunami.  And remember, most importantly, absolutely no dating."  At this, Glory, Anaconda, Firefly, and Tsunami all simultaneously rolled their eyes.  Tsunami's mind muttered, typical dad talk.  "Seriously?" Glory questioned, "Okay never mind that.  We'll be visiting all the time aaand, Deathbringer is right in one thing, don't talk to hostile dragons and talk to Sunny, Clay, Starflight, but definitely NOT Tsunami." "EXCUSE ME," Tsunami intercepted, "I am a VERY lovely dragon to talk to."  "Yeah, yeah, sure you are," Glory scoffed.  Tsunami angrily opened her mouth to respond but Riptide interrupted their quickly ensuing fight, "AHEM, weren't we talking about school safety?"  Glory cleared her throat and said, "Okay, we have to go now, but just, have a good term, and don't get into any trouble."  She gave each of them a quick hug.  Their father however, gave them all a long hug.  He and Glory turned and flew out through the cave opening.  Pride, his sisters, Tsunami, and Riptide all watched the two shapes, one dark, one light, winging away toward the green, shimmering rainforest for a few moments.  Then, Tsunami turned to them all and told Anaconda, "Okay, your cave is the first tunnel on the right, sixth cave to the left.  Firefly, second tunnel on the right, third cave on the left.  Pride, middle tunnel, second cave on the right.  Sorry we couldn't have you guys closer together.  Well, see you three at class tomorrow!"  She and Riptide turned to welcome another couple of students.  Pride, Anaconda, and Firefly exchanged glances and walked toward the tunnels.  At the mouth of the tunnels, they stopped and Firefly said enthusiastically, "Well, see you soon!" and bounded off toward her cave.  Anaconda thought, Bye, Pride, to him and also strode off to her cave.  Pride was left surveying the mouth of the tunnel.  Pride took a deep breath and thought to himself, I better not mess this up, before stepping into the tunnel.