Chapter 9. The Issues Between Us

Cassian and Bodhi hit a very rough patch in this chapter and Orson is dragged into it... so... WARNING!!

I don't own anything.
========================================
Orson's P.O.V.

So we aren't the greatest friends in the entire Galaxy... big deal. We're stuck together whether we are willing to work as a team or not. Sure, we'll have our ups and downs but it won't be long before we become a powerful trio that can rely on each other to watch one another's backs.

Oh, who am I kidding?!? We suck when it comes to teamwork. Cassian and I can't seem to get along and Bodhi is constantly trapped in the middle. I think it's putting a lot of tension on him because he seems to be more skidding than I remember him.

Sparring each other doesn't help vent out our frustrations. Rather, we use it as an excuse to fuel our detest. Today, Cassian thought it would be a good idea to go all out on me during our spar. Needless to say, he's much better than I am and I now have several bruises all over my body, the most notable one on my right cheek. Cassian then used whatever anger he had left to attack Bodhi. Gumdrop bit Cassian to protect Bodhi and soon everything was chaos and no one walked away uninjured. Not even the dog.

Right now, Bodhi and Cassian are fighting in another room and Gumdrop is whining and pawing my leg. I'm sick and tired of listening to the rebels' yelling. Neither has been helping try and alert the other Rebellion members that their communications will be cut short for a little while because we think we found a "lead to Jyn". I decide to make the calls myself.

I connect one of the channels with the channel I could broadcast a message from. "Who is this?" a voice said on the other line.

"Uh... this is... " What do I tell them? If I say who I really am, they'll think I've kidnapped Bodhi and Cassian. I should have put more thought into this.

"Where's Captain Andor of Rook?! What has happened to them?!?"

"I-I'm just a friend of Andor's!" I stammer. "Ah... um... Andor and-and Bodhi are busy at the moment so they asked me to relay s-some information to you guys."

A pause. Hopefully these guys would buy the story and not use some voice recognition technology to find out who I really am. Tense moments pass before the other voice speaks. "Okay..."

"Yeah," I said. "They said that they think they've found a lead to Jyn so they want to check it out. The communications center will be down for a little while."

"If this is true information, what's the code?" A CODE?!? Bodhi and Cassian should have warned me about it!

"Um... Rogue... Rogue One..?"

"HAVE YOU KIDNAPPED ANDOR AND ROOK?!??"

Well snap. Now what? "No! I have not!" I squeak. "J-just... um... just tell your friends about Andor and Rook's absence. Bye!" I hang up. So much for that going smoothly.

I finger the Kyber crystal necklace. It had become a sort of stress object for me. By holding it tightly in my hand and feeling every small detail of the crystal against my calloused skin, I remembered that in order to complete my mission and find Jyn, I had to rely on Bodhi and Cassian to help me. Which meant I had to go through this dead lifestyle I never asked for. Hopefully it would work out in the end.

I grab some snacks for the three of us and sling the bag on my back. I'll be traveling lighter compared to when I left the Erso and came here so that will be nice for me. I enter the room where Cassian and Bodhi are and nearly cry out when I see what happens between the two. Cassian mutters some words at Bodhi then storms out of the room, nearly pushing me over as he goes by me. I wait for him to be out of earshot before running over to Bodhi, who's laying on the floor in tears. I pull the former Rebellion pilot to a sitting position. He reaches up and places his hand on his cheek. "It's okay," I said quietly. "It's okay, we'll get this resolved." I pull Bodhi into a hug and do my best to soothe him.