Chapter 11. Return

Let's break some hearts, because apparently I'm really good at doing that to these characters.

Also, there's a little ship fluff in here because why not?

I don't own anything.
========================================
Bodhi's P.O.V.

It's a tense night. While Lyra and I are getting along fine, Lyra's relationship with Orson and Cassian is iffy. I'm doing everything I can to stay out of the way. Sometimes it feels like that's the best option to make things better.

I glance over at Cassian. He and Orson seem to have made some sort of truce for dinner but I worry how long this peace between them will last, especially since it just so happened they got to sit next to each other on one side of the table. I really hope the four of us can work together to find Jyn and Galen and not try to murder each other.

I find myself biting my lip as I think back to when Cassian and I first met on Jedha. After my time with Bor Gullet, I had been confused and scared and suddenly Cassian was there. He was like a savior to me. He babied me and nursed me back to health. Then he made sure that I was happy and healthy from then on out... okay, my imagination has to stop running off like that. In reality, Cassian kind of shouted at me for not having any proof that Galen was telling the truth about the Death Star Plans.

Nevertheless, I know whatever Cassian DID  do made me feel this way towards him, I'll never see him as the captain of the Rogue 6 anymore. I see him more as an idol to me, a near-perfect example of everything I wanted to be.

Yeah, I have a huge crush on Cassian.

So it sucks when Cassian hardly seems to care that I'm there. It's even harder when he physically and mentally hurts me. Am I a nothing to him? Am I just another pebble on the concrete, waiting to be trampled on? Did I do anything to impress Cassian? Or were all my efforts in vain?

My teeth cut though my skin and the sudden pain makes me wake from my trance. I look at Orson and Lyra, who are sitting across from each other. I don't think I've ever seen someone look more blood thirsty than Lyra is right now. Feeling stressed by this hostile attitude set by the three, I ate my food quickly and left the table to go for a walk with Gumdrop.

I realize I must have gotten an easy trial to pass over to the Realm of Muertos because somehow this realm knew how tough my future was going to be. I wish I had gotten something like Cassian. Then I would know how he felt and maybe I could relate to him more and life would be easier than it is.

The chilly night wind wraps my body and I shiver. I don't want to go back inside. Not yet, at least. I'd rather avoid being in everyone's way. I hug Gumdrop to warm up my cold body.

A hand touches my shoulder and I freeze. The thought of Galen's abduction flashes through my mind and I jump up to attack them. My staff is grabbed before I can make contact with anything. Cassian's staring right me.

I back away and release my staff, letting it drop to the ground. "Cassian!" I can hardly speak. I had just tried to hurt him! How was he going to react to that?!

Cassian looks at me a strange way... relaxed or something like that. "It's cold out. You should come inside." His voice sounds so strange, and I'm not sure why.

I shake my head. "I'll just get in the way. It's what I do best." I hate having to say these words to Cassian. For as long as we've been together in the Realm of Muertos, I've pretended to be pretty happy and try to keep him upbeat. But now I feel like a wreck and I thought it would be better to tell him the truth instead of lying again.