Chapter 13. Chirrut and Baze

Well you can probably figure out what's going to happen from the chapter title.

I don't own anything.
========================================
Orson's P.O.V.

Riding a Markavipe through portal-like air currents makes me dizzy and the minute we hit solid ground I feel like I'm going to puke. Fortunately, I don't.

We end up on a new planet. Unlike the last one, which was like a cross between a volcanic and rocky surface, this one was covered in five inches of water. It's not the easiest to walk through. "Where are we?" I ask Bodhi, who's still on top of Allura with Cassian.

Bodhi pulls out Galen's clue and fumbles with it until he can read it. "I don't know. Did we follow Galen's instructions?"

Lyra nods. "I told the Markavipes to go to Krysilos. So here we are."

Cassian hops down from Allura and walks next to me. "Bodhi, didn't we have a contact with someone who was living on here?" They had a contact here? That would make navigating this area for a clue... whatever the clue was. Of course I'm just assuming Bodhi and Cassian's contact knows the area well.

Bodhi thinks for a moment. Then he nods. "Yeah... I think it was Baze and Chirrut." Baze and Chirrut? I ask Cassian about Baze and Chirrut.

"Baze Malbus and Chirrut Îmwe are just friends of ours. They used to be the Guardians of the Wills. Basically they believe in the Force. Or at least Chirrut does. Baze is a little different."

The water gets deeper with each step we take and and soon I'm wading in about fifty centimeters of water. It makes it hard to walk quickly so I end up riding on Ryuk. I swear, Ryuk is just plotting something against me. The way he looks at me with his beady little eye makes me wonder if I should consider writing a will while I ride him.

We travel for a while until the sun sets and we're forced to stop for the night. We find an island and make camp on the beach. Lyra and I cook some of the rations we brought along. We don't have much food left and I wonder if it's possible to starve to death in this realm.

Gumdrop (who came along unbeknownst to me) has no problem stealing food from everyone's plates. In her haste to steal food, she nearly gets trampled on by Amon. Bodhi finally ties Gumdrop to a tree. "If you're not going to behave, you'll have to stay tied up." The cord is long enough so Gumdrop can walk around but short enough that she can't reach any food. So Gumdrop walks around the tree until her leash is tangled. I often wonder if she has any brains.

I'm the first one on watch duty tonight again. Lyra gives me my staff back so long as I don't fall asleep. I draw in the sand to keep my brain awake. One of my drawings kind of looks like Jyn. I wonder why I think of her so much now. I don't think of finding her as just a mission anymore. I find myself fantasizing how she would react to me being the one to find her. Many times, she'll be a little skeptical at first but then come around as quickly as Bodhi did and we become good friends. However, I already know there is no way in hell that Jyn will be like that. She'll probably beat me up a few times before she's satisfied with her revenge.

My thought train is broken when Bodhi starts crying in his sleep. He's crying about something burning him. I wouldn't be surprised if he was having a nightmare about the Empire burning his home. Cassian wakes as well and the two of us try to wake Bodhi. But the pilot remains asleep, tears flowing down his cheeks. Somehow, Lyra doesn't wake up to any of this.