Chapter 8

Clarke woke up in the clothes she wore the night before. Her head pounded.

Clarke got out of her bed and started heading to a bucket in the corner of the room before she threw up. There was a knock on her door.
"Come in." She said reluctantly. Octavia came in and looked her up and down.
"You look awful! What happened?"
"I drank for the first time." Clarke explained, throwing up again.
"You got drunk your first time with Bellamy?" Octavia wanted to get straight. Clarke nodded. She laughed. "Well, if you had virginity last night, at least we know you still have it." Octavia said.
"Wait, what?"
"Clarke, I've seen my brother with drunk girls. If he wasn't here in the morning, you have nothing to worry about."
"I'm not worried. I trusted him and obviously that paid off."
"Do you remember anything?"
"Most of it. Some is a bit fuzzy..." she remembered kissing Bellamy suddenly. Though, she couldn't remember if it was a cheek or lip kiss. "Oh geez."
"What?"
"I kissed him."
"You what?" Octavia went wide eyed.
"I can't remember if it was on the cheek or..." her voice drifted off.
"Well, only one way to find out. Ask Bellamy."
"No! I'm not going to ask him where I kissed him!"
"Fine. Sit there and wonder if you had your first kiss drunk." Octavia crossed her arms. Clarke thought for a moment and threw up again.
"I'll ask him when I'm not throwing up." She grimaced.

Octavia went to a awkward breakfast with Bellamy and Clarke's parents.
"Where's Clarke?" Abby asked.
"Uh, she didn't feel well." Octavia said, making eye contact with her brother.
"I'd suspect not." Jake said, making Bellamy and Octavia's blood run cold. He knows... how does he know? Bellamy thought in a panic. But nothing was said further about the topic.

*** The next morning***

Clarke sat next to Bellamy at breakfast which suprised him along with everyone else. She never sat close to him.
"Octavia told me you were ill." Jake spoke up.
"Must've passed. I feel much better now." Clarke nodded. Jake kept his eyes on them.
"After breakfast, can I see Bellamy and you alone?" He asked, making them both nervous.
"Sure." Clarke nodded. Octavia kept her head down.

***

"So. You go to a tavern with MY daughter, get her drunk and bring her home after you think we have gone to bed?" He asked Bellamy.
"We just went to eat! I was the one who insisted we drink! That's why we came home late! It wasn't his fault!" Clarke said. Bellamy was moved that she didn't want him to take the fault for this.
"No. It was." He sighed. "I suggested we go to the tavern to make it up to her after I... well..."
"This is not his fault!" Clarke pushed.
"Guys, I'm not mad." The king says suddenly, making the two pause. "I wanted to thank him. I've never seen you so yourself. You're relaxed, not nearly as serious. You broke the rules last night. For the first time in your life." He smiled. "I think Bellamy is a good influence on you. And vice versa. Bellamy has really matured just in the time he's been here. He takes things more seriously and thinks critically." He explained.
"So... we're not in trouble?" Clarke asked. Jake started laughing.
"Clarke, you're eighteen. You make your own choices. Do I like what you did? Of course not. But I'm glad you are finally breaking the rules." They talked and after promising to let him know when his daughter is going to go get drunk at the tavern, Bellamy and Clarke left.
"Told you I was a Rebel King." Bellamy smirked. Clarke laughed.

***A few weeks later***

They walked around the castle together.
"I'm sorry I let you drink so much." He said finally.
"My fault." She shrugged. "Thanks for taking me. It was fun."
"You seriously had fun?" He chuckled.
"Up til the next morning." She groaned and he laughed. "Speaking of, do you know how I got out of my corset?" Clarke remembered to ask. Bellamy tensed.
"Uh... you don't remember?"
"It was a bit too fuzzy to figure out." She admits.
"Well... I tried to offer to get Octavia but she was asleep and you didn't want to wake her up."
"Naturally."
"And uh... well... you tried and couldn't so I thought about getting a servant or your mom but they were all asleep as well." He tried. Clarke nodded, realizing what he was hinting at.
"You helped me." She states.
"I tried to convince you to wait til morning so Octavia could do it but-"
"Bellamy, it's ok." She looked up at him. "Since we're on the subject, I must say I remember some things but not everything." She started. "I don't really know how to bring this up without being awkward but I need to ask... I remember kissing you, but I don't remember if it was on the cheek or-"
"It was the cheek." He nodded with a grin. Clarke sighed in relief.
"Ok." She smiled. "Sorry if I made you uncomfortable."
"Naw Princess, I've been in worse situations than a pretty girl kissing my cheek- or the corset thing. For example, I once was locked out of my own room in nothing but what made me decent." He tried changing the subject. He still felt drawn to her and he felt a need to try and keep himself from falling for her. He couldn't stop thinking about the cheek kiss. He couldn't believe with everyone he's been with, they never made him feel how he felt with Clarke. He thought of Gina. He did love her but it was different. They both hit it off right from the start. He was flirtatious and she was into it. But with Clarke, he was different. He wanted to know her personally before anthing. He saw her as a close friend and he wanted more.