Chapter 11

Clarke heard a soft knock on her door. It's been two weeks since she took on her title and she hasn't seen Bellamy at all. Only reason she left her room was because she managed to put her feelings aside long enough to do what she had to. Clarke opened the door to see Bellamy with yellow roses.
"Bellamy." She said. "What... what're you doing here?"
"I came to give these to you," He handed them to her. "And ask you on a date."
"Oh... we're still doing those?" She asked.
"I hoped." He said cautiously.
"Sure... when?"
"Friday night."
"Ok... I'll see you then." She tried a smile.
"Ok." Bellamy smiled back and walked away.

***

"Hey!" Octavia barged in Clarke's room. She looked on her desk to see the flowers. "Oh, these from Bellamy?"
"Yeah." Clarke stood up from laying on her bed and walk to her. "It was weird. He's never gotten my flowers before."
"Maybe you were wrong then." Octavia smiled hopeful. Clarke rolls her eyes.
"Don't. They're just flowers. Besides, it's no I love you. I love you roses are red. You know, roses arnt my favorite flower. I prefer pink Lillies."
"Yes, but, yellow ones are sorry!"
"What're you saying?"
"Well I assume he didn't just give you random flowers, did he?"
"No. He asked me on a date."
"Ok. So, how about you go on the date, you flirt a little bit and before the night is done, tell him how you feel."
"What? No way." Clarke scoffed.
"I'm serious! I'm telling you! He loves you, Clarke!" Octavia tried.
"Oh, I'll believe it when I hear it from him." She said.
"Ok... what if he did tell you then? Huh? Would you say you loved him back? That you want to marry him?"
"Yes!" Clarke almost shouted. Octavia stood. "All I want is too know! That's all!" She swears. Octavia stepped closer.
"Clarke, there's only one way to find out."
"Then I guess we'll never know." Clarke said.

***

"She won't budge." Octavia said, walking in Bellamy's room. "I've tried everything. The girl is more stubborn than YOU." She scoffed.
"Well, this'll be harder than I thought... it still might work though."
"What ARE you planning?" Octavia asked.
"Suprise." He grinned. "For now, just keep doing what you're doing."
"Got it." Octavia nodded and started walking out. "By the way, get pink Lillies next time." She suggested and left.

***

"For the last time, Octavia, if you suggest I tell him how I feel one more time, I won't let you finish my makeup." Clarke warned. Octavia giggled.
"Sorry I want my brother to be happy." She said, making Clarke scoff.
"He'd be miserable with me." Her heart sank.
"Shut up. He's the happiest he's ever been." Octavia said before they heard a knock. "It's Bellamy!" Octavia finished her lipstick quickly and rushed to the door. Octavia took one last look at Clarke before deciding she should open the door. Clarke traded places with her and opened the door, revealing Bellamy holding a bouquet of pink Lillies. Clarke stood in awe. How did he know? Octavia? Did he really get me my favorite flowers?
"Too much?" He motioned to the flowers. Clarke immediately shook her head.
"No! These are gorgeous!" Clarke smiled as she took them. He sighed in relief. "Thank you so much!" Clarke was at a loss for words and knew it'd be a long night if she was impressed by flowers.
"I'm glad you like them." Bellamy smiled at her. They looked at eachother for a moment.
"Time to get going." Octavia pushed before taking the flowers. "I'll get these in water. You two go." She smiled and they were gone.

On the way to the stables, they talked.
"Where are you taking me?" Clarke smiled.
"Now, if I told you, it wouldn't be a suprise, would it?" Bellamy teased.
"Hey, I'm just making sure your not kidnapping me."
"If I wanted to do that, we'd be half way out of your kingdom by now." Bellamy joked and she laughed.
"That makes me feel so much better." She said and rolled her eyes. They walked together quiet.
"I missed this." Bellamy said. "I know you've been avoiding me lately."
"Didn't think you wanted to see me."
"Why wouldn't I?" He tried. Clarke didn't respond. It broke my heart everyday I didn't see you. He thought.
"Well after our... moment... i didn't think you'd feel comfortable with hanging around me."
"You're doing it again."
"What?"
"When you're pissed off, you start talking formally to people that made you pissed off." He called out. She sighed. "Did I make you upset with what I said about... the moment?" He pressed.
"No. I was surprised. You... tried to kiss me and I... tried to kiss you... I thought you'd react differently." She said somewhat honest with a bright red face that Bellamy tried his hardest not to point out.
"You were hoping for a different reaction." Bellamy suggested, hopeful.
"Doesn't matter." She shrugged. Bellamy stopped and Clarke faced him.
"Yes. It does." He told her, looking her in the eye. She didn't appear to have a reaction to that, so they continued.