Chapter 9

Bellamy heard a knock on his door and figured it to be Octavia so he opened it, only to see Clarke. He stood there for a moment.
"Hey." Clarke said.
"Hey." Bellamy said back. "Look, I'm sorry-"
"No, I'm sorry." Clarke interupted. "Octavia told me why you stopped. Bellamy, I'm not scared of you." She stepped foreward and took his hand. He took notice. "We've... gotten a lot closer in the past few months. I got drunk for the first time a few weeks ago... with you. You've been in my room, helped me get my corset off and I know you didn't touch me otherwise. I trust you, Bellamy." She said. He didn't know how to respond. "Can we be friends again? I can't help but feel you hate me, again-"
"No. I don't hate you." He shook his head. She nodded.
"Ok. I'll see you tomorrow then?"
"Ok." He agreed.

***three months later***

Everyone sat at breakfast together. Clarke and Bellamy made jokes to eachother as always.
"I finally beat Lincoln." Bellamy said.
"Finally! Only took you seven months."
"I'd have more time to train if it wernt for you."
"Oh, I see, blame the woman!" Clarke joked. "It's not my fault your easily distracted." She murmured.
"Clarke?" Abby called before Bellamy could make a come back. Clarke looked at her. "You're turning ninteen soon. Any ideas on the theme for your ball?"
"You get a ball?" Bellamy grinned.
"Its tradition to have the youngest royals throw balls for their birthdays. If I had a sibling, we'd do it for them to." Clarke said.
"Cool." Octavia smiled. "We get to go, right?"
"I do hope so." Clarke sighed.
"Of course, Octavia." Abby smiled. "Anyway, theme."
"I was thinking masquerade." Clarke suggested.
"Perfect." Abby agreed.
"When is it?" Octavia asked.
"Three weeks from now." Abby answered.

***

Clarke went out to a hill to have lunch together.
"So your birthday is coming up." Bellamy said.
"Yes."
"Anything you want, particularly?"
"Nothing you can buy me. My birthday is basically a bunch of old men congratulating me on being alive another year."
"Old men?"
"Kings from other kingdoms, ambassadors, councilors... old men."
"No friends?"
"Not really. I mean, Wells will be there. We've been friends for a long time."
"I have compatition I see." Bellamy grinned.
"Not likely." Clarke snorted. "I already had to give him the 'let's just be friends' talk."
"Did he try to kiss you too?" He joked.
"Lucky for me, no." She laughed. "But I'm glad you'll be there. There's a few guys that... I've caught the attention of." She grimaced.
"No doubt." Bellamy chuckled. They laid down and faced the open pale blue sky.
"There is one thing I want." He heard her murmur.
"What is it?"
"I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you." Clarke smiled.
"Fine. I'm getting you a hair brush." He joked. She laughed. I want you to kiss me. She thought.
"No. Not another one! I get at least three a year." She rolled her eyes.
"Then what do you want?" He pressed. They looked at eachother. Clarke looked him up and down before looking away and sitting up.

***A week later***

Bellamy still didn't know what to get her. She gave no hints, no suttle suggestion, nothing. He was going to go on another date with Clarke but she was running behind so he decided to go looking for her. He went to her room and knocked on the door.
"Princess?" He called. No answer. He knocked again. Nothing. Bellamy went inside and she wasn't there. Now, since it's a big room, he had to walk around to make sure he didn't miss her. He didn't. He was about to leave when something caught his eye. There were papers on her desk. Drawings. A pen rested on top, which he moved to look at the art. There were drawings of the forest and the view from Clarke's balcony... then there was Bellamy.
"What're you doing?" Clarke made him jump. He looked at her.
"I was looking for you." He explained. She took the drawing out of his hands and hide all her work under of a stack of books. He felt confused. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to pry."
"That was very private, Bellamy." She snapped.
"It was laying out. I'm sorry-"
"Can we just forget it?" She tried to hold in her glare.
"Uh... ok." He agreed. "You still wanna go out or did I kill the mood?" He asked and she laughed.
"I'm good. Let's go." So they left.