Not What You Think

(Chris's P.O.V)  

I just go through reading about those people and I need to get up and go find Lavender, but where the hell is she. She never got the chance to give me her address, so now I'm out of luck..unless.

It clicked in my head, why don't I just get Trey to follow her home and write down the address for me. Getting up and walking to the wall where my phone was plugged in at, I unhooked it and unlocked my phone to go to contacts. My finger scrolls down until I find Trey's name. I click on his name and call him.  

"Hello?" He answered.   

"Aye, Trey this is Chris..I know we need to catch up but I need you to do me a big favor." I said.   

"Alright." He said happily to help.  

"Okay, tomorrow I need you to follow Lavender and her parents home then give me the address, I'm gonna go out there and get her." I told Trey.   

"Yeah, sure...and do you want me to watch over Lavender too, cause her parents look crazy and she came to school with a mark on her face." He informed me. I knew they were hurting her why can't she just come right out and tell me he whole truth.  

"Yes, thanks I owe you one." I told him he just chuckled.  

"Nah, you good we just need to hang out, but we'll catch up one day.." He said. To be honest Trey was like my brother to me, and I know he would always be there for me thick through thin, but getting Lav back is my mission.  

(Lavender's P.O.V)  

After getting ready for school, Trisha and Mark made me breakfast. But after what I saw last night, I'm not eating nor drinking in this house ever again.  

"We made you breakfast sweetheart, eggs and sausage." She said while holding out a plate for me to take. I gulped whatever thoughts I had and just took the plate.  

"umm, I can't eat this sausage...I'm a vegan." I lied. There was no way in hell I was about to eat human meat.  

"Well, just one bite wouldn't hurt, you wouldn't want to hurt my feelings would you?" Trisha asked as Mark drank his orange juice looking back and forth between us.  

"Umm, no...but you see it's also against my religion to eat meat." I made up again, but the look on her face read that she wasn't buying it.  

"No worries, we have chicken, and that's what you'll be having for dinner tonight, now go catch the bus." She told me but I could hear a hint of evilness in her voice. I quickly gathered my things and walked to the door to go catch the bus. The last thing I want to do is to be in that house with her.   _____________  

I was about to walk to 1st period when I saw Trey coming up towards me. He flashed me a quick smile before greeting me.  

"Hey Lav." He greeted me with a smile. I smiled slightly.  

"Hi." I said not really knowing what else to say to him, I mean we only talked once so that's it.  

"Are you going to that dance in a couple days?" He asked me. I bit the inside of my cheek shrugging my shoulders.  

"Eh, I mean I'm not much of the dressing up type." I chuckled. He just smiled at me.  

"How about I take you dress shopping, and I know I'm a guy, but I mean like as a friend...you know to bond." He smiled. I chuckled at his sense of humor.  

"Okay, I guess we can go I''ll just have to ask my 'Mother'." I said putting emphasizes on her name not really wanting to say mom but I had to since I was in school.