Chapter 4- Trapped

//this is my favorite chapter so far\\\

Wirt was hating life. He was so confused on what to do. Yeah he'd be able to get everything to go his way in this reality, realm, whatever it was. But he will always have the fact that it isn't real haunting him. He was also worried about Greg. Was he home? Was he with Beatrice? He just needed his brother to be safe. He longed to see that big smile on his face. He was full of regret for pushing him away,  he did find Greg annoying sometimes, sometimes Greg messed up his plans, sure he most likely messed up his chances with Sara. But he learned to love him. Sometimes he was even a bit jealous of how happy he was all the time, finding the good in even the worst situations. And at the moment he was sitting in this fake room. He had his 'dad' out of the way in the other room. He was furious with the beast. He should've known. Why did he trust the beast? Why did he have to regret every single thing he does.
"Why do I have to make so many mistakes!" He yelled into his pillow.
"Wirt are you ok up there?!" Wirt's "dad" called up the stairs.
Wirt felt like screaming into the pillow again. But maybe his dad would give him some advice even if he's just a part of this twisted reality.
"Dad, actually can you come upstairs. I, I wanna talk to you" Wirt finally said.
He felt his stomach churn. He didn't know what this reality was capable of. Would he actually be just like his actual dad?  Would he even know he wasn't real? Well there was one way to find out. "Wirt?" His dad said as he knocked on the door.
"Come in"
Wirt's father came in and sat next to Wirt whom he noticed right away was upset and angry.
"What's wrong Wirt?" He asked.
"Well, are you... What do I... ugh I don't now how to ask this." He stuttered.
"Wirt, I know you're having some problems. I know your nerves seem to mess with you a lot. Just relax, I'm not here to judge. I'm all ears." His dad assured.
Wirt thought about this. Nobody ever told him anything like that before.
Nobody ever really cared about him enough to ask how he felt.
"Well, dad... Would it be the right thing to do if I stayed here? This... mindscape I mean." Wirt began, hoping he understood.
What Wirt didn't know was that this was the beast trying to persuade him to stay
"Yes. I understand what you're talking about Wirt." He said to Wirt's surprise.
"You do?"
"Yeah. And I'm here to tell you, listen to what you're heart tells you. Not what's up in your head .You gotta listen to what that big heart of yours." He said. Pointing at his chest.
"Dad, My heart is in such pain, it's tied in knots and each time it beats another piercing thought hits my mind splitting my choices apart into and endless maze..." Wirt dazed off.
His dad smiled "Wirt the poet. You just need to stop worrying and relax."
Wirt gave him a little smile.
"There's that smile."
"Just know. Even If your thinking of leaving you could always stay a bit longer."
"Yeah... let me just think about it." Wirt said in deep in thought.
Maybe staying wouldn't be so bad. But he still had to think about it.
He didn't want innocent people to get hurt due to his hands.
But it felt so good to talk to his father. If this place could do that for him, there's probably tons of other things it could do for him.
The beast had betrayed him.
But gave him this.
So many confused thoughts went through his mind he didn't know what to do. He was TRYING to listen to his heart. But it seemed just as confused as his brain was.
He couldn't even understand why this had to happen to him of all people. Because at the moment it seemed here was better than reality.