☆ Just You Wait ☆

Millie Bobby Brown lived in a perfect little neighborhood, at a house at the end of the cul-de-sac. In a movie, you would imagine this scene to be like one where a princess wakes up to hear the birds chirping, singing along to their tune. Okay, maybe not. But she woke up to the sound of her ringing alarm, not even hitting the snooze button! She burst the curtains open expecting the sun to shine on her face, but to her surprise, it was a very gloomy day. Dark clouds were looming over her house, the perfect little house.
"The weather app lied.." she said, shutting the curtains and scowling. She hated the rain because it got her shoes and socks wet every time! Whenever she came home from school after a rainy day, her shoes trailed mud inside the house. Her parents were not happy about that. Millie got ready for school, looking forward to learning new things!
"Millie! Breakfast is ready downstairs!" her mom yelled.
"Coming mum!" Millie answered, with her proper sounding British accent. Her family had moved from London when she was young, and she surprisingly had not yet lost her accent after living in America for a few years. After breakfast, Millie's mom took Millie and her little sister Ava to school. Her mom dropped off Millie first.
"Goodbye sweetie!" her mom called after her.
"Goodbye mum." Millie responded, with a little wave. Millie walked into school in an exceptionally good mood, aside from the rain. And then her heart sank. There was Finn Wolfhard, the most obnoxious person in the school. Well, at least to her. You see, most girls would go drooling over him, but not her. She thought that he was way, way too irresponsible. Plus, who has time for a boyfriend anyways? She needed to focus on school, and doing her best. She was walking into he doors of the school when Finn came on his skateboard, attempting to make it inside the doors before she got in. He accidentally crashed into her, causing her and her books to fall.
"Are you serious?" Millie said, getting up and patting her skirt and tights. She absolutely hated it when her clothes got dirty!
"Sorry, didn't see ya there." Finn said, trying to hide the fact that he was laughing.
"Sure you didn't." Millie said sarcastically, rolling her eyes. "Watch out where you're going next time." she said, giving him the death stare.
"You know, maybe if you were a little bit nicer we could actually be friends." he said to Millie.
"I'm sorry, but I am not interested in being friends with someone like... you." she said, crossing her arms.
"You are quite the sassy one, Ms. Brown." Finn said, looking offended. There was awkward silence.
"Well, I'd best be going." she said, picking up he last of her things, as she huffed.
"Wait! Before you go!" Finn called out. She turned around, rolling her eyes once more.
"What do you want now?" she said.
"Just you wait. You know you'll want to be my friend eventually." he said.
"Sure, tell yourself that Wolfhard." Millie said, laughing to herself.
• • •
I hope you guys like this so far! I'm starting to get a lot of ideas of where this can go!
-Sarah 💕