☆ Why Do You Write Like You're Running Out of Time? ☆

Millie's P.O.V
It was the first class of the day, English. This wasn't my strongest subject, as though it seemed like happened to be good at absolutely everything to everyone else.
"Good morning class!" said Ms. Purser.
"Good morning Ms. Purser!" I said, being the only one who actually responded. Everyone else was half asleep, or staring off into space while blowing bubble gum.
"Today, we are switching seats!" said Ms. Purser. I was sad since this meant that I wouldn't get to sit next to Sadie anymore. She was my best friend, and so was Maddie. (She just went to another school)
"Okay, lets start. I want to start off at the front of he room. In the top right corner, I want Millie, and Finn." Ms. Purser said with a smile on her face. Millie groaned. Seriously?! I have to sit next to him for this semester?! I took my seat next to him without saying a word. I could sense him looking at me. I just ignored him and got on with my work. Finn must have noticed how quickly I was writing my essay that we were assigned.
"Woah there. Why do you write like you're running out of time?" he said eyeing my essay. "What do you mean?" I questioned.
"Well, it's not due for a while. And here you are scribbling away." he said.
"I guess I just want to have enough time to look it over and edit it." I said, shrugging.
"Okay." he said, going back to doodling on his paper.
As soon as the class was over, Finn walked up to me.
"Well, this is going to be fun isn't it?" he said chuckling.
"I suppose so." I said, sighing.
"C'mon Millie. Don't have such a sour attitude for once!" he exclaimed.
"Look. I don't mean this in a harsh way, but.. I don't want be friends with you. Okay?" I said, looking him in the eye.
"Ouch." he said.
"Well, we haven't liked each other ever since we met, why would that change now?" I asked.
"I dunno, maybe I just thought you would give me a chance." he said.
"Someday, Wolfhard. But maybe today isn't the day." I said, wagging my finger.
"Alrighty then." he said, going towards the direction of the entrance.
"Hey! Where are you going?" I called after him.
"Don't know. But I don't feel like being at school anymore." he said. "See ya!"
It's weird, but I feel.. concerned for him?
• • •
Okay, I know things might seem slow right now, but I promise it will get more exciting!
-Sarah