☼ Helpless ☼

Finn's P.O.V
I hear my alarm ringing. I groggily reach to smash the snooze button, my eyes still closed. When I heard my alarm shut up, I sighed in relief, knowing I had more time to sleep. My aunt Natalia and Uncle Charlie should still be getting ready, so I have time myself.
General P.O.V
On the other hand, Millie would up gracefully to the sound of her alarm. She stretched he arms up, as she sighed.
"Last night was quite a night." She said, smiling to herself. She opened her phone to look at the pictures from last night. She also had the photo booth strip pinned on her tack board. She smiled remembering all the fun memories. Dancing with Finn, stuffing her face with food (which is quite unusual, since she is usually so refined and poised), and so much more! The more she thought of it, the less she thought of Finn as a bad person. At first all she thought was that he was some teenager who lived to good off and mess around. After hearing about how often his parents are away, and after hanging out with him, she realized he wasn't a bad guy at all. He was probably just going through so much, that school and his failing grades were the least of his worries. The whole time, Millie got butterflies just thinking of Finn. Last night she had almost told him how she felt, but decided to save it for another time. She had wondered if he felt the same way.
• • •
The morning went by quickly for Finn, since he had pressed the snooze button so many times. He had been dreaming about the previous night, until he heard his Uncle Charlie calling him down for breakfast.
"5 more minutes!" Finn said groggily.
"You said that 20 minutes ago!" Called back Uncle Charlie.
"Okay.." Finn responded, almost falling off his bed.
"You have 20 minutes until it's time to leave for school! Chop chop!" Yelled Aunt Natalia.
"I know, I know!" I called back, rubbing my eyes.
• • •
This just proves how opposite Finn and Millie are. But, like it has been said before, opposites attract.
• • •
Millie had arrived at school 10 minutes prior to Finn. Finn had almost been late for school, but it's not like he cared anyways. Millie was sitting on the bench outside chatting with her friend Sadie. Finn walked behind them slowly to catch a snippet of their conversation.
"Oh yeah, he's really sweet Sades." Said Millie, looking over at Sadie.
"Really?!" Said Sadie, with a shocked expression.
"Yes," Millie said laughing, "I'm not joking."
"Whatever you say." Said Sadie, smiling. Finn was smiling to himself, as he walked farther back and then back in front of the girls, to act as if he had just arrived.
"Oh, hey Millie!" He said while passing by.
"Finn! Hi!" Said Millie, jumping up from the bench giving him hug. Finn blushed and hugged her back. Finn saw Sadie leaving, as though she wasn't there.
"So how are you today, Finnlard?" Millie said, smirking.
"I'm doing just fine. How about you Mills?" Finn said while laughing.
"I'm doing just fine!" She said while standing up on her tippy-toes. Today was the day she was going to tell him how she felt. Coincidentally, this was the day Finn was going to tell her how he felt!
• • •
School had ended, and the only reason Finn didn't ditch was because of Millie.
"So.. You want to hang out again today?" Said Millie, smiling and blushing.
"O-of course!" Finn said stuttering, blushing back.
"Perfect." Millie said. She was planning on taking him to see a musical, something she personally enjoyed doing herself. Hopefully he'd enjoy it too.
• • •
"So where are we going?" Asked Finn.
"Well, I was thinking we could go see the musical called Hamilton." Said Millie, nervous to see whether he would react good or not.
"Sure! I've never seen any musicals, but I'll be happy to make this the first." Said Finn, smiling.
"Okay!" Said Millie.
• • •
About an hour later, they were sitting in their seats, waiting for the show to start. Millie opened snapchat, and took a selfie with Finn. She captioned it, "About to watch Hamilton!" Of course her parents knew that she was there, she had told them she was watching it with a friend. Well, after the show, they would hopefully be more than friends.
• • •
After a nice, long 3 hours, they exited the theatre.
"That was long, but great!" Said Finn.
"I'm glad you enjoyed it!" Said Millie.
"Listen... I have to tell you something." Said Millie, her cheeks flushing red. She could feel the butterflies begin to zoom around on her stomach.
"Actually, I need to tell you something too." Said Finn, looking down, shuffling his feet.
"Ok, on a count of three, we will both say what we want to say." Said Millie.
"Three... Two... One..." Said Millie.
"I like you." They both said at the exact same time. They both felt their cheeks heat up.
"Wow..." said Finn, a small smile forming on his face. In his head, he was dancing around, maybe even doing he PPAP dance! So was Millie.
"Finn, it's just whenever I'm around you, I feel so happy! I almost feel helpless. Like, I can be myself. Less uptight, ya know?" She said, smiling.
"Millie! Whenever I'm around you, I get so many butterflies. That's really why I wanted to be your friend. You made me so happy, and you even set a really good example for me." Finn said, chuckling. Neither of them knew what to say next, so they just held hands, and walked down the street back home together.
• • •
Hey guys! That was one of the longer chapters I've written. I hope you liked it! Drama may start to form in the next chapter.. Who knows! Thanks for reading! (Sorry of there is any typos, I didn't edit this after I finished it.) But yay! They know they like each other!!
-Sarah 👑