Prolouge

Hello
My
Name
Is
Chara...

July 28, 1918

I have a normal route I take around my village everyday. It passes right beside the huge mountain. The people of my village call it Mount Ebott. Everyone is scared of that mountain because it supposedly has a colony of... monsters? If I had to guess, they probably mean terrorists or a German war base?! My goodness... I hope the Great War ends soon, but, heh, who knows! Anyways, I like to walk past it because the forests that cover the mountain are beautiful and it's so peaceful there. Whenever I finally get home I'm normally welcomed by my adoptive mother and adoptive father. I don't have biological ones. Our house is a small wooden shack it was built on the outside of our village. We don't have a lot of money and we're lucky we don't live on the streets. My father is really sick with the deadly Spanish Flu. I wish somebody could help him get better but it doesn't seem like there is anyone who would help poor folk like us. It also doesn't help that my mother can't seem to get work. No matter how hard she tries no one will hire her. So we get no income. I feel bad for her. I wish I could help in some way but my parents are trying to keep me away from the work force so that I can try and enjoy my childhood.

December 10,1919

Mother is a drunken bastard! Our home is covered in piles of trash and bottles of hard liquor. I find scraps of food in the local village's dump just so I can eat for the night. My mother is a wreck, she physically and mentally isn't capable to getting work now. She is disliked by nearly everyone which gives me a horrible reputation, so no one will hire me either. The people of the village do horrible and nearly unspeakable things to me. My old friends in school poured acids into my hair and made me cut it, my hair never grows anymore... along with all those horrid teachers, they just laughed at me and gave me punishments for no reason. Some of the other villagers throw stones at me or call me psycho. Some wanted to burn me at the stake. They think I'm the 'witches daughter.' So normally I rush home to beat the swarm of bullies, a lot of the time they're faster than me. Now that I no longer have any friends or go out for fun I had to find a hobby I liked. Something to keep me preoccupied. For me that's knife throwing. So I started to work on my knife skills. I would throw them, slash them, and sometimes... well, kill things. I would kill small animals for fun. I wish I knew how to cook the animals I killed, so that I could eat... but I'm to afraid I would screw up and get food poisoning. I still have no idea why the people of my village started to do things like that to me, but I can't change the past. I guess I'm just another murdering psychopath that doesn't deserve to live...

~Some time later~
Eventually it became to much... And I bit my bitterly frozen lips and jumped into the deep dark abyss of nothingness below.