My Heart Is Open (Bonus Chapter)

It wasn't my best idea to leave Macy and Mike in charge of the wedding.

Ty was busy trying to calm a crying down as we walked up the steps to the chapel, his face inches from hers as he soothed her.

"You okay?" Ty asked, peeking up from Stephanie with an exhausted look. I nodded, rubbing my hand along my stomach, hoping that our little boy wouldn't start kicking halfway through the wedding.

"I'm fine, Ty. Let me see her." I outstretched my hands, kissing Ty as he gently laid Stephanie in my arms. I shifted her, feeling Tessie jumping up and down beside me, giggling.

"I want to see her, Mama! I want to hold her!" She exclaimed. Ty swooped her off her feet before she could say anything else, kissing her nose.

"Stephie needs Mommy's touch right now, all right? I guess you're stuck with Daddy." She threw her arms around Ty and started laughing, her face buried against his neck.

I was surprised he was still able to carry her. Tessie had grown quite a bit the last few years, her legs hung a little past his waist.

I looked back down at Steph after a second, smiling when I saw her loud cries starting to calm to a whimper.

"I bet she's hungry." Ty said beside me, nudging my arm gently. I rolled my eyes at the comment, leaning down to set Steph back in her stroller.

"I'm hungry." Tessie responded, sending Ty and me both into a fit of laughter.

"What?" Tessie said, pouting, "I am!" She squirmed in Ty's arms before he set her down and let her run through the open doors.

I could see both pairs of our parents rushing around the crowded chapel, my eyes narrowing when I realized I barely recognized half of the people.

"Oh My Goodness, look at you, little Tessie!" Macy gasped, pulling an anxious Tessie into a hug, "You've gotten so big!" I waited until my sister-in-law was done squeezing my daughter's cheeks before I stepped forward, turning the stroller a little so it wasn't blocking everyone's way.

"She's so cute." Macy said, leaning over Steph's stroller and reaching in to touch her rosy cheeks softly. "She looks just like you." I laughed, shaking my head.

"Not at all. She looks a lot like Ty, actually." I nodded a few feet away where Jason had stopped him. "She's got his eyes and mouth." She smiled, glancing over her shoulder at Lucy.

I felt my gut twist a little as my niece perked up beside my mom, her hazel eyes glistening as she waved at me.

It physically hurt me every time I looked at her, saw the hazel eyes that were more green then brown, the dark brown hair that fell down her back in waves.

The older she got, the more she looked like me, and I honestly don't know how long Jason and Macy would be able to hide it from her.

"I think she knows." Macy muttered beside me, crossing her arms over my chest, "She's only five, but I can see it when she looks at us. At her blonde parents, the parents with blue and green eyes. She loves you a lot, Alyssa. I'm sure she'll figure it out sooner or later." I bit the inside of my lip, trying to figure out a way to change the subject.

It had been hard, to give her up. Every part of me wanted to keep the baby, to raise her as my own and give her a beautiful life. But I couldn't. The second I held her in my arms, I knew I wasn't ready. I wasn't ready to be a mother, even if I was the one that came over to my brothers everyday to breast feed her, to play with her. I still wouldn't ever be her mother, I'd left that up to Macy.

"We found a surrogate." Macy changed the subject, her voice turning bubbly, "She's willing to carry a baby for us. Jason's a little weirded out by everything, but I'm sure it'll grow on him." I leaned over and hugged her, trying my best not to ruin my wedding dress.

"That's great, Mace. I'm so happy for you." I replied, grinning.

"Happy for me? Oh, beautiful! Look at you! You've got this whole big, beautiful family growing now. Next thing you know you'll have a bunch of little Ty's running around." We both giggled at the thought as the boys headed over to us.

"Dad had some fucking business thing, he split." Jason said, running a hand through his gelled brown hair, "I'm sorry, Ally. I know you wanted him here and-"

"I don't care." I mumbled, cutting him off. "It's not a surprise." I shrugged, ignoring the feeling of all three pairs of eyes burning into me.

"I'll walk you down the isle." My brother went on, reaching over and squeezing my hand, "If you want me too." I smiled weakly, gesturing around us.

"It seems everyone here is expecting a nontraditional wedding. So why not?"

*

I kept my head bowed the entire time Jason led me down the isle, leaning toward me to assure me everything was fine.

But it wasn't. I was over reacting, sure, I was being a little too hard on my dad for it. Everything in me wanted to forgive him, to be sure that it was just a business trip, but I knew better.

I knew that he didn't like Ty, that he'd much rather see me marry some rich asshole that only wanted sex. He wanted me to be unhappy, to live a commercial life like he had.

I wasn't going to do it. I loved Ty, he was my world. He was the father of my children and my best friend. Tessie was my baby girl, she was my princess, and no matter how much my parents disapproved of it, how much they shoved the fact that I would never be heir to their company because of it, I didn't care. I loved my family the way they were, and the company and money were nothing but crappy materialistic things.

"Keep your head up and smile." Jase whispered in my ear once we were at the altar, "Please don't let him ruin your day." Then he jogged back down the steps and sat down beside Macy, setting Lucy on his lap.

"Don't cry." Ty reached over and brushed his hand against my cheek, "Please, baby, don't cry." I forced a smile on my face, shaking his hand off.

"I'm not gonna cry." I assured him.

"Ally." He breathed out, reaching for my hand. "Our live is going to be great now, you'll be my wife. We'll have our daughters and our son." He closed the gap between us, earning a strange look out of the priest beside us.

"I love you, everyone here loves you. They wouldn't be here if they didn't." I hugged him, burying my face against his shoulder for a few minutes until I was able to regain my composure and step away.

We listened to the priest go on beside us, we said our vows, but it wasn't until Ty took my hand and slid the beautiful ring that had once belonged to his grandmother on my finger that I felt the tears return to my eyes.

"I do." He whispered. This time, they were tears of joy.

"I do." I answered back. And I really did. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with Tyler Wells, and I wouldn't let anyone or anything change that.

***AN***

Hope you guys enjoyed!

Let me know what you thought!

~ChasingMadness24