Every Time I Close My Eyes

I could feel Ty's leg twitching anxiously against mine.

He was far from comfortable, his face was paler then I'd seen it in a long time as he stared down at Tessie. She was staring up at him with big eyes, her lips tugging up into a smile when she saw how freaked out he was.

"It's okay, Daddy." She assured him. "They're just going to talk to you." I squeezed Ty's hand as the doctor walked out, offering him a smile.

He didn't know what I had done, why we were really here. He thought he was here for some sort of physical, that he needed to be checked out. On his birthday, to top it all off.

"Tess, you've got to stay out here with Auntie Macy, okay?" My seven year old daughter tilted her head up from her tablet for a moment, nodding slowly as she sent a quick glance toward my sister-in-law a few feet away with Lucy in her arms.

"Good luck." Macy called after Ty, winking when I glanced over my shoulder to smile at her. She shook her head in amusement as I wrapped my arm around Ty's bicep and laughed.

"It's fine, Ty. Everyone has to do this." He only sent me a dirty look, obviously not in the mood to be comforted.

Once we were in the room, I sat on the bed before he could, earning a confused look out of him.

"What are you doing?" He whispered, lacing his fingers through mine, "Ally, come on. This isn't some game, get down." I shook my head, taking his face in my hand and kissing him.

"We aren't here for you, Ty." I whispered, pulling back.

"What do you mean? You said-"

"We're here for me." I cut him off. His eyes widened a fraction, his hands sliding from my own to my wrists, his lips parting.

"Are you okay? Is something going on? Alyssa, you-"

"Ms. Morrison and Mr. Wells. My name is Dr. Baker, I'll be checking you out today." I nodded, smiling as I pried my hands from Ty's and laid back on the bed, letting out a shaky sigh.

"What's going on?" Ty asked the doctor, "Is she okay?" His blue eyes were wider now, worry starting to creep into them.

"Mr. Wells, she is perfectly fine." Dr. Baker laid a hand on his shoulder, laughing.

"Ty." I pushed my shirt up a little and took one of Ty's cold hands in mine before laying it against my stomach, "I'm pregnant." I felt his hand clench slightly as he blinked a few times.

"What?" He croaked, "What did you just say?" I laughed at the dumbfounded look on his face.

"We did it, Ty. We're having a baby." He stepped away for a second, his head shaking in disbelief.

We had been trying for a few months, when we had alone time together, at least. I had been studying hard at NYU for the my degree, and hadn't graduated until about two months ago. Ty was constantly working, or with picking up Tessie from school, and on some occasions, both.

I had expected him to be shocked, to be surprised. I had been when I'd seen the test, had called my doctor to talk to her about it.

"H. . . how long?" He choked out, "Have you known, I mean." I shifted, smiling over at him.

"About a month. I've just been busy with the fashion line, and you're always at work." I replied. He moved back toward me again and leaned forward to kiss me, his eyes looked almost as if they were glistening with tears as he leaned down and kissed me gently.

"I've never hated and loved you so much at the same time. I wish you would have told me. I'm here thinking there's something wrong with me." He joked, pulling me into a hug as the doctor walked back in. I kissed his cheek, shaking my head a little.

"There's definitely nothing wrong with you, Ty. You're amazing." I said with a crooked smile, "We can't tell Tessie right now though, I don't think it's a good idea. With everything going on, with the move to another house, we can't." He nodded in agreement, clearing his throat as Dr. Baker gently pushed him away a little. He kept a tight grip on my hand as she set everything up, turning the monitor beside us on.

As she started the ultrasound, I felt Ty move closer to me, his eyes on the screen, filled with a childlike wonder.

I could feel a smile tugging at my lips as I squeezed his hand back. Our family wasn't perfect, not by any means. But it was our family, one that I wasn't ever going to let go of. 

***AN***

Not a long chapter, but I thought you'd enjoy it!

Let me know what you thought!

~ChasingMadness24