School Formal ~20

Meet Percabeth
*Layla Barry*

I sighed. Looking at myself in the mirror imagining the dream I had always since I was a little girl.

I'd be standing in my room. My mother and father standing at the door with proud eyes as my date for the night would take my grandmothers necklace and carefully clip it on my neck. I would turn around and look into those amazing eyes and kiss him. Even with my parents there, he would kiss me back. He'd take me to his car, drive to the school formal and we would dance the night away. Maybe some kissing afterwards. That dream had changed since I was in year 7. I wouldn't have any boy with me, I would have the one and only Percy Jackson. Swim team captain, hottest and sweetest guy on earth. He had multiple girls ask him to go with them but he kindly declined saying he already had a date. What was wrong with that was that no one at the school was going with him.

But now, as I looked at my self in the mirror with no boyfriend or Percy Jackson behind me, my father walked up with my prize possession. My grandmothers necklace. He took it and carefully clipped it on my neck. I smiled at him through the mirror

"You look so beautiful Layla" He murmured in my ear

I guessed I looked beautiful. I had a newly bought mint green dress with lace design across my chest on and my brown hair was flowing down my back with a flower placed in my ear. I had natural make up on and flats (who wants to wear heels!?!) that would be easier to walk and dance in.

My mother took some photos of me in the front yard then my father dropped me off at my dates house.

I know, what a jerk. Doesn't even come to pick me up. I only accepted his offer because 1. He was on the swim team, meaning he was friends with Percy and 2. I was desperate for a date.

I kissed my father on the cheek and walked up the path leading to Sebastian Cole's house.

Who I expected to see when the door open was not who I got. Percy Jackson stood there in all his glory. His messy black hair looked like he had just rolled out of bed, his sea green eyes shone with excitement and he wore a very good looking suit. His tie was navy blue and his jacket was off. Is it just me or do boys look so much better in suits? (<--- ???)

"Hey Layla" he greeted me. He knew my name "come in"

"Hi Percy" I followed him into the house where 3 other boys from the swim team were.

They chorused some 'hey' 'hi' and 'sup' s

"Dude, your girlfriend is here" Percy called out.

Sebastian come down the hallway, rolling his eyes at Percy's comment (we are not dating), in his suit with a matching mint tie. His blonde hair was gelled like always and his blue eyes shone. He quickly walked up to me and gave a quick kiss on the cheek, which I immediately blushed at.

"Everyone ready?" He asked

Everyone nodded and we piled up into cars. Sebastian was driving while I was in shot gun, Percy was in the back so we could pick up his date on the way to school. The others boys were in another car going to pick up their dates.

"Where's her house?" Sebastian asked as he started the car

"My house"

I gave him a confused look, most likely blushing. I haven't talked to him much before this.

"She lives at my house but our friends kick me out so they could get her ready"

He has a girl living in his house. I really hope there related or best friends. I'm praying not in a relationship even though I know my chances are low. I've seen him at swim training and meets. He could get a girl with just his shirt off.