Mr & Mrs O'Leary ~23

This is kinda an AU. The Percy jackson characters are in the books. It's just like real life *sadly*

It was a sunny day. The breeze was fresh against my face, I could smell the delicious street food places and I could see kids and couples walking and talking outside. It's the middle of August. Meaning that we haven't had a sunny day in nearly 3 months and that spring is on the way (Down under Summer is in December, January and February. June, July and August are winter)

I sighed as I looked at the cute young and old couples that were out. They were outside cafes, drinking coffee, laughing and talking with each other. They were sitting on the benches, snuggling in the sun and just enjoying their time together whilst it lasted.

I haven't had a boyfriend in 2 years, not after Luke cheated on me. I should have seen the signs. 2 years in he started to get more distant, but I blamed it on his work. He started to come home late, I blamed it on the traffic. He started to smell like women's perfume, I blamed it on his work colleagues. And worst of all, he had that name. Luke, before I stared reading I love that name. When I found out that Luke Castellan betrayed Percy and Annabeth I started to dislike the name. That dislike grew when he poisoned Thalia's tree, when he let Annabeth struggle with the weight of the sky, when he let Kronos take over his body. After he died a hero, I liked the name again. See how much a book character can change your views? Then when I meet my Luke, I started to love the name again. Here I thought that Luke and I were serious, dating for a solid 3 years, but he had other ideas. I thought I was good to him, I'm in university studying to become a marine biologist, Im smart and others say pretty. Not that I thought of it much. Im athletic with long curly jet black hair and grey eyes. A mixture of two of my favourite characters.

Here I am now, on August 18th, lonely on my favourite characters birthday walking my dog, Mr O'Leary.

I soon got to the park and sat down on the bench, letting Mr O'Leary off of his leash, letting him run free. I started to hum Happy Birthday to myself.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Seaweed Brain, happy birth-" WOOF, I was interrupted by Mr O'Leary barking at another black German Shepard. I could see that the owner of the other dog was not near so I went over to stop them.

"Hey! Mr! Stop barking please, calm down" I walked up to Mr O'Leary, trying to calm him down. I bent down to the other dog who started to snuggle with me while I patted her.

"Hello girl, where's your owner?"

She barked at me but stayed still leaning up against my legs wanting for cuddles

"Your cuddly aren't you?"

"Hey!" A masculine voice called out behind me. The other dog immediately perked up looking at the voice while I turned around to face the man.

My breath immediately stopped. He was definitely attractive. He was tall, and through his coat I could see he had some muscles on his arms. He had a cute nose and a sharp jaw line. His lips were kissable and he had messy golden hair that I wanted to run my hand through. What caught me the most were his eyes. A beautiful and memorising sea green. I recognised them from some where.

"Hey" he said again once he was in front of me

"Um, hi"

"I see you've meet my dog" he pointed down at the black dog who I was still petting

"Yeah, she's very friendly. What's her name?" I asked

He smiled at me, making me blush "Mrs O'Leary"

I paused, our dogs have the same name? Was my first thought. My second was Does he read Percy Jackson? And my third thought was I may have found a rare fanboy!

He noticed my pause "Is there something wrong?"

I looked up at him again meeting those sea green eyes. "Uh, it's just funny. My dogs name" I pointed to Mr O'Leary "is Mr O'Leary"

He froze as well. Seeming to think that he had found another fandom member. He then started to laugh, me joining in "I see our dam dogs are married then" He said between breaths

"We may have a dam problem!" I told him

When we calmed down a bit he stuck out his hand. "Peter Jones, Cabin 6" Yep, that just confirmed it. ALERT: I HAVE FOUND A RARE FANBOY!

I shook his hand "Annie Chance, Cabin 3"

He gasped and pointed at me "Poseidon?"

"I know! I took multiple quizzes on Pinterest to confirm my thoughts. All of them, Cabin 3"

He laughed "I'm honoured to have meet a Child of The Big Three"

I laughed with him. We started to talk some more as we made our way back to the bench I was sitting on earlier

"When did you start reading?" I asked him

"When The lightning thief first came out"

"Wow, a true reader. I started when The Titans curse came out"

"Not to fare behind me! Favourite character?"

"Hard question. Love Percy, Annabeth and Leo. I think Hazel and Piper are pretty fun as well. You?"

"Yeah, Percy and Annabeth. I like Thalia and Jason too. Franks pretty cool"

We sat at that bench talking and laughing about the funniest and saddest moments in our books. We moved to the topic of our own life's. I told him how I'm studying to be a marine biologist and I live with my best friend Phoebe. He told me that he is studying to become an architect and he lives with his best friend Jacob.

"Wait, Jacob Gadd? Brown hair, blue eyes?"

"Yeah, how do you know him?"

"I'm best friends with his older sister, Tessa Gadd!"

"Wow, small world"

We continued talking about things until it was starting to get late. My stomach grumbled

"Come on" He said "Lets drop the dogs off at my apartment and I'll take you to Robinsons. I'll shout you book and we can then grab a bite to eat" (Robinsons is a very good book store here in Australia. I can spend hours in there)

I think I just had a heart attack. He's going to buy me a book? That's the most sweetest thing someone as ever done for me. I wonder which one I want?

"Ooo, yes please" We called our dogs over and put their leashes back on. We walked to his apartment and dropped the dogs off with Jacob.

That night Peter bought me the next book in Rick Riordan's series, The Hidden Oracle. After we had dinner at a small cafe, we exchange numbers and the next morning I woke to a text from Peter asking if Mr O'Leary wanted to go on a walk.

I stared to think that Aphrodite might me messing with me again. Hopefully she's got it right this time.

Hey guys! THANK YUO SO MUCH FOR OVER 250 READS. YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING. THANKS TO @MarcusMaine for the votes! And thanks to those who have commented and followed me! I love you all!

Have you guys seen the new Will Solace offical art? 😍😍😍

Thanks again you guys! BLUE COOKIES FOR YOU ALL!

-Squirrel