Speak in code

A few days later...

"Luna? Luna are you there?" A voice spoke pulling me out of my daydream.

I looked up to see my boss with a confused look on his face. My eyes widened as I took in the setting, he was paying me and I was sat here with my hand propping my chin up looking bored.

"I-- I am so sorry." I stuttered getting up fast and coming away from the till.

"It's okay. I just wanted to make sure you were okay. That's all."

I nodded and smiled "I am. I'll get to work instantly."

I put my head down and began putting out stock, I found it therapeutic sometimes to do it and it often have me a chance to think whilst being productive.

I had questions churning in my mind a few meaningless ones like what to have for dinner?

But others meant more. For example; when to text Aaron? Why he seemed... Guarded?

My mind felt pickled with questions that I didn't have the answers too. I felt like I at least owed Aaron a drink for putting up with me in the elevator.

I haven't been on one since. Hell no!

Personally I thought it was custom that men arranged coffee etc. Maybe he's different? Who am I kidding of course he's different, how many people hunt ghosts?

As I helped a customer with a product enquiry my eyes caught a familiar face with a beard and shaven head. But as quick as I blinked he was gone.

Urgh. Don't tell me I'm actually hallucinating now?

"Is there anything else I can help you with?" I asked smiling at the old woman.

"No thank you my dear."

I smiled and spun on my foot only to bump into a chest with 'Photographer' across it.

"Hi I was wondering if you could help me?" Aaron smiled.

I grinned looking up at him "How can I help?"

"Well you see it's of a different nature. I like this..." He paused looked at the aisle we were stood in. His hand grabbed a tin of peas.

"I found this pea."

"Pea?" I questioned.

"Yeah pea. I uh-" he rubbed his neck, I soon realised that 'Pea' was a code word.

"Pea is.. Well funny, beautiful and has the most amazing smile. But Pea never called nor text. So now I'm.. Or Bean." He grinned picking up a tin of beans "Beans thinking he has done something or that Pea never really wanted that coffee."

I chewed my lip listening to him when I realised that he wasn't like the rest. He was absolutely and definitely different. Keeping up the façade I nodded understandingly.

"I see you dilemma, maybe this Pea?" I questioned.

"Pea/Woman. Beautiful Pea woman." He corrected making me giggle.

"Well this pea, I'm sure, in fact I know is definitely interested in getting to know yo- well Beans. But didn't know when it would be an appropriate time to arrange this said coffee." I answered.