About Aaron

As Aaron pulled up outside his mom's house, I took a look over at him. "Are you sure she's not going to be disturbed by all these?" I asked gesturing to the bruises on my arm and face.

"Yes I'm sure. Stop over thinking everything. Let's go." He replied giving me a quick smile.

I gulped down my nerves and got out the car looking around before I moved to his side. Under his arm we walked to the front door together, before Aaron could knock, the door was flung open and a small woman threw herself into his arms.

"I'm so glad you're here! How are you? How is work? Are you eating? I've missed you. Are you still coming for dinner?" She asked in the side of his neck.

"Hey mom." He chuckled hugging her back making me smile gently.

She pulled back to hold his face in her hands sharing a smile before she turned her attention to me. "And you must be Luna..." She began making me shift on my feet nervously.

"Yes Ma'am."

"Debbie, please. Look at you."

I laughed slightly "Not the best impression I know.. But it really wasn't my fault."

She waved her hand and pulled me into a hug instantly "I'm so glad you have my son.." She whispered into my ear.

"So am I." I whispered back.

We parted as she smiled "You are gorgeous, bruising and all. Come on in, take a load off. I was just making tea."

I saw Aaron crinkle his nose at the idea of tea. "Coffee is almost done too." His mom sighed making him grin.

"You're the best mom." He replied happily taking my hand as we headed inside the house.

After his mom served us drinks we sat on the couches talking when I suddenly felt the tension move off me. We were talking as if we were friends and she was looking at my eyes directly instead of my jaw, or neck or hands which all held bruises. Debbie seemed interested in what I did, and after I shamefully admitted that I worked in a grocery store she waved it off telling me she had a small job too at that age, but it was important to move on if we didn't like it. That we all needed to flourish and grow in life, and that's what made me think that going to work with Aaron as their photographer was exactly what I needed to move on.

"Aaron told me how you both met. I think it's just the cutest thing ever!" She gushed.

I laughed gently "It wasn't cute, I was having a panic attack and your son was moody."

"No I wasn't." He defended.

I gasped "You so were! It took you ages to loosen up and offer me a seat beside you to watch Star Wars."

He thought back to the elevator and went over it as I waited for his confirmation that I was right..

"Yeah I guess I was a little moody, it was a hard lockdown. I had only just come back and then to be stuck in an elevator too.."

I grinned in triumph causing his mom to giggle at our bickering. 

"Did you bring your camera with you to Oregon? Because there is so many beautiful places to go, the rose gardens, japanese gardens, Rocky butte." She listed "All those places are brilliant for a few snaps, you'll love it."

"We haven't been to any yet, but I'm gonna take Luna to all the best places." Aaron replied looking at me with a smile. "Give her a chance to use the new camera."

"Can't wait." I replied getting excited for the next few days.

"So, how's work?" His mom asked looking at Aaron.

"It's going good. Just tying up some lose ends before we head back out on the road again. This time Luna is coming with us."

"Oh that's wonderful, are you ready for the ghosts?"

I shook my head "I'm just being a photographer, I'll leave the hardcore ghost hunting to the professionals." I laughed nervously.

"Nonsense, I think you'd be great at it! Maybe as some bait?" Debbie teased.

"They don't need bait, they have Aaron." I pointed out making them both laugh.

"Yeah it's true." He nodded.

We stayed at Aaron's moms house for a few more hours talking and having food when Aaron called time. Roughly around the same time his mom wanted to dig out the baby albums.

I was part of the teasing until Debbie turned the tables and said it would give me an idea on how our kids would look. That's when my face dropped and Aaron burst out laughing.

We shared a hug and promised to see her again soon before we hit the road. Laying back against the seat, I sighed happily as the sun began to set.

"I'm proud of you." Aaron spoke taking my hand into his.

"Hmm?"

"I said I'm proud of you, I knew you were nervous especially with all the bruises, but you were great."

I smiled gently "It's you're aura that relaxes me."

He returned the smile and pulled my hand up to his lips, kissing the back gently. "I like you."

"I like you too. What are we doing tonight?" I asked soothing my thumb against his.

"I was thinking maybe some Portland nightlife with your camera. Take you to some of my favourite places."

I nodded happily "I'm so happy we came here, it's like I'm learning more about you every minute. Like the chip commercial you did as a kid. So cute!" I cooed.

He rolled his eyes with a chuckle "Oh don't remind me. And what do you mean? You know me.."

"Yeah I know, I just mean I'm learning about Aaron Goodwin before Ghost Adventures."

"Well that Aaron wasn't every exciting.."

I shook my head in disagreement "You are wrong, and I can't wait to find out more. This isn't a get away trip anymore, this is a trip about us. Whether it was meant to be or not. And I'm loving every second so far."

Aaron nodded his head "Well alright, now I know, I plan to make it as exciting as possible for you. Get ready for some good times."

I grinned and patted his leg, I was ready. I was so ready!