Mines of the mind

The dirt crunched beneath my feet as I stepped out the RV onto the dry dusty ground.

"Man look at this!" Zak grinned looking at the dome like structures.

"This is awesome." I whispered to Maria who wore the same expression as Zak.

"Great right? Can you believe this is our jobs?"

I simply smiled as it reminded me that I had a decision to make regarding my status here.

"You gonna be okay Bacon?" Maria asked as he sat on the RV step.

"Hell yeah, me and Theo will go hang at a strip club." He teased.

"He should sleep the whole time, it's pretty cool in there and he was up early. He was slapping Zak's face to wake him up." She answered making me giggle.

"Probably from his snoring." Bacon replied.

"Hey I can hear you both." Zak joined in.

"I wish you would hear that, it's like a train sometimes." Maria joked as he came over and began playing around with her whilst we waited for the owners.

I watched them for a few seconds before I felt like I was intruding on a moment and moved away just catching the tail ends of an "I love you."

They were a perfect couple, both supportive and understanding of one another, I hadn't known them that long either, and I know people say behind closed doors is a different story? I couldn't believe it wth Zak and Maria. In fact I wouldn't believe it.

"You alright?" Bacon asked seeing me stood awkwardly beside the RV, whilst Aaron Billy and Jay were talking amongst themselves.

I nodded "Fine thank you."

"Damn you're too polite. Hey sounds a bit forward and all but when we get back to Vegas, we're all having a night out for Maria's birthday, you should come along."

I pulled a face "I don't know.."

"Nonsense, I won't accept no." She replied hearing us.

"Won't I be intruding?" I asked.

"We're going to a club, where I used to work in fact, trust me you'll love it." She smiled as Zak wrapped his arms around her waist burying his face into her neck.

"Yeah. Uh okay. I'll have to make sure I'm not working the late shift, otherwise that will be a bummer."

"Good. Be nice to have some female company." Maria responded swatting Zak's arm as he bit her ear with a mischievous look on his face.

"I hear you on that." Bacon muttered making me laugh.

"Oh suck it up. Use the charm and that magic beard power." I replied as he chuckled.

Whilst the crew chatted amongst themselves about how they would do their lockdown, I planted my butt by Bacons feet on the step and leant against his legs.

"Tired?"

"Hmm. What do you do when they are in a lockdown? Do you have to stay outside all night?"

He shook his head "No, sometimes I go back to the hotel, or hang out at a bar until I get a text to bring them back to the hotel."

"Oh right, I thought you were gonna say you wait in the RV all night."

He chuckled "Some nights I do that too."

"Now that must suck." I replied suppressing a yawn.

"No I keep myself entertained. Helps having a phone though, especially with Snapchat and Candy Crush."