Frozen Fever

Elson was rushing around making sure everything was ready for Anna's nineteenth birthday party surprise. I've never seen him so busy I was worried though he looked and felt a little warmer than usual "Elson are you sure you're ok?" I asked as I pulled him towards me "you look like you have a cold" I said worriedly "Y/N I'm fine I promise besides the cold never bothered me any way" he sang as he added the last few touches to the cake he turned around to me, Kristoff, Sven and Olaf "ok don't let anyone here until we're ready and please don't touch anything" he pleaded before going to wake up Anna, Kristoff walked away and almost knocked over the cake which Olaf kept trying to eat. This is gonna be more difficult than I thought, I just hope Elson will be ok I know he wants Anna's birthday to be perfect but I don't want him to push himself too hard "I'm sure he'll be fine Y/N besides he controls ice how could he catch a cold?" Kristoff asked jokingly "just because he has powers doesn't mean he won't get ill but that would be a really nice bonus" I laughed.

Elson's P.O.V.
I quietly walked into Anna's bedroom today is going to be the best birthday she's ever had! "Pst Anna happy birthday" I whispered as I crouched down to her. "To you" she sang tiredly "it's your birthday" I laughed "to me" she sang again "come on" I chuckled as I took her blanket off her, she gasped in surprise and sat up. "It's my birthday" she said happily "mhm. And it's going to be perfect because... You've never had a real birthday before except, of course, the ones just spent outside my locked door. So I'm here way too late to help you celebrate, and be your birthday date if I may" I sang, Anna was now ready for her perfect birthday! I sneezed but thought nothing of it "Elson, I'm thinking you might have a cold" Anna said worriedly  "I don't get colds, besides... the cold never bothered me anyway" I sang before changing my own outfit to make it more festive it is Spring after all. "Fancy" Anna laughed "just follow the string. I've got big plans, I've got surprises for today. Nothing but nothing's gonna get in our way, I've worked for weeks planned everything within my power I even got Kristoff and Sven to take a shower I'm on the birthday plan attack I'm giving you the sun, the moon and the sky I'm making today a perfect day for you" I sang before sneezing again but this time there were little snowmen that appeared every time I sneezed.

 "I'm making today a blast if it's the last thing I do for everything you are to me and all you've been through!" I sang as we slid down the staircase rail, I sneezed again "they come in threes!" Anna warned me "I'm fine" I reassured her "surprise, surprise this one specially" I sang as Anna found another one of her presents, I sneezed again I'm sure it's nothing to worry about it's probably just hay fever. "Wow! You've got me reeling but I'm still concerned for you I think it's time that you go home and get some rest" Anna told me as she looked at me with concern "we are not stopping 'cause the next one is the best" I continued as we approached Oaken's trading stall. "Elson, you gotta go lie down you need medical attention" Anna continued "are you sick? How about a cold remedy of my own invention" Oaken sang "no thanks" I said as we continued our birthday date. Our last stop before the castle was the Arendelle clock tower! "Now we climb!" I sang as we climbed to the top to Anna's last birthday present, "Elson, that's too much, you need to rest" Anna told me, I was feeling a little warmer and a bit off but that's not gonna stop me from making sure Anna's birthday is perfect! "We need to get to our birthday chills, I mean thrills" I replied. When we reached the top of the tower, I almost fell off luckily Anna grabbed my hand and pulled me back. "Elson, look at you... alright, we can't go on like this, let's put this day on hold. Come on, admit it to yourself" Anna sang as she held me in her arms another birthday ruined because of me again "okay! I have a cold, I'm sorry, Anna. I just wanted to give you one perfect birthday, but I ruined it. Again." I sighed sadly "you didn't ruin anything. Let's just get you to bed" Anna reassured me before we headed back home. 

When we entered the courtyard, the staff, Y/N, Kristoff, Sven and Olaf were there waiting for us "Surprise!" They all yelled at Anna "we're making today a perfect day for you. We're making today a smiley face all shiny and new we're making today a perfect day for you!" Everyone sang "happy birthday" Kristoff said to Anna whilst holding the ice cream cake I made. "Okay. To bed with you" Anna told me "wait, wait. All that's left to do is for the King to blow the birthday bugle horn" I told her before doing so "I told you, you weren't well" Y/N and Anna told me, "you go enjoy your birthday party I'll look after him" Y/N told Anna "are you sure?" She questioned "yes, now go" Y/N shooed her away before taking me to our bedroom. "I'm such an idiot, I try to make everything perfect and I still ruin" I huffed as Y/N helped me in bed "no you didn't, look down there Anna's enjoying herself with her friends and everybody else I don't think she could ask for a better birthday" she reassured me "...yeah you're right" I smiled "I know" she laughed before cuddling next to me "hey I don't want you getting sick either" I said as I tried to move away from her "I don't mind I just wanna stay here with you besides the cold never bothered me any way" she sang "where have I heard that before" I laughed, I kissed the top of her head, I pulled her into my chest and we both fell asleep.

Kristoff's P.O.V.

Me, Sven and Olaf arrived at Elson's ice palace it was the best place for the little snowmen that Elson created, I knocked on the ice door and Marshmallow opened it "this way, Sludge and Slush and Slide and Ansel and Flake and Fridge and Flurry and Powder and Crystal and Squall and Pack and Sphere and William!" Olaf chirped as he led the snowmen inside, Marshmallow looked down at me with a confused face "don't ask" I sighed, I'm just happy that Anna enjoyed her surprise birthday party the other day, but now we have two people with colds to look after as despite Elson's warnings Y/N didn't leave his side so she got sick too. Those two really did make a nice couple.